Where do I put them?

jewlsvern

On Tuesdays I carpool with neighbor to take her DD to preschool when I take mine. Normally I drive a 7 passenger CX-9 so plenty of room for carseats, but my car is in the shop so I have DH's Mazda 6. I have tried every configuration I can with the seats I have and I can not get 3 car seats in the back.

I have DS RF, DD RF and DD's friend FF.

The last few days I have been leaving DS with the neighbor and taking the girls to school. She has twin boys that are 12 months. But now DS is sick and I can't leave him with her. I would hate for her kids to get sick.

So I am thinking about putting the 2 RFing seats in the back and putting the FF seat in the front with the seat all the way back. It has a sensor that turns the airbag off.

It is a 5 minute drive max to school each way, about 3 miles on a two lane road.

WWYD?

ADS

Pixels

Does "every configuration" include having your dd ff? Because I'd do that way before I put a child in the front seat.

:yeahthat:

You reduce your child's safety, but don't reduce an already less-safe child's safety even more. The friend is already the least-safe child in the car because the friend is FFing and the others are RFing. Don't reduce that child's safety even more unless it's absolutely necessary.

jewlsvern

Does "every configuration" include having your dd ff? Because I'd do that way before I put a child in the front seat.

Yeah I tried putting my DD FF also. I did not try putting my DS FF. He is just TOO little. I wish I had my Radian but it is with the car in the shop. It was supposed to be a 2 hour job and it has been 6 days.

The issue is solved since my neighbor's mom came into town and she can stay with the twins while neighbor takes her DD to preschool.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC