Scenera or Avenue?

BabyKaykes

I need two seats. Q1 & Q2 are 37mths old, 36" tall, and weigh 28lb each. I'd like them RF in my van, and mom says fine, I can do whatever I think is safest in my own car (on Saturday she even let me wash her GNs, untwist the straps and adjust the heights, and then install them with LATCH in her car). I got torso measurements of 11" and 12".

I have this debate going around and around in my head about whether I want to get 40lb Sceneras or Avenues. I LOVED my Uptown. But seeing as how they don't make it anymore, the Avenue will do. The Scenera was never one of my favorites with that sculpted base and not so low profile, and even though the RF weight limit is higher, the top slots are lower.

The debate is between these two seats because the Avenue is on sale at Albee, so they are the same price right now.

What would you get?

ADS

babyherder

They seem to have short torsos (I'm thinking 11 and 12 in is short for their age) so I might go with the Scenera to rf them longer. But they might make it to 4 in a 35 lb seat since they're light. Hmmm. Which has a better cover????

Mommy0608

They are rather small kiddos, so I think either seat would be sufficient. Personally, if I liked one seat more than another for whatever reason (which it sounds like you do), that's what I'd go with. Even a 35lb limit will keep them RF for quite a long time. :)

BabyKaykes

I caved and ordered the Avenues from Albee about 6sec after I posted this thread, lol!

Can't wait til they get here!

cookie123

I'd get Avenues, too. They have the foam, and I really don't mind mine. They'll last longer ff, and they'll probably get the kids rf to 4. They're already over 3, right? Personally, I'm not sure I'd get more seats to rear face past 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC