Pink carseat if it's not always for a girl?

lpperry

I am going to get a Myride to use in a 3 across in the back of my van.

I really really want to get the Sonata Myride at babiesrus--the one with the pink dots. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024413

I love the pink seat. Would it be strange to get the pink seat if it's not always for a girl? I have an 11 month old girl who could go in it, but really, the new baby who I am going to be getting (a boy) will probably be in it because the other option is an Avenue and he won't fit in that for awhile.

I don't think it matters that much. The kids could care less what their seats look like. I am the one who likes the colors!

I have 2 grey Avenues, a grey Radian, Cherry Pie Coccoro in the van--I really want the pink Myride instead of one of the gender neutral colors.

ADS

skylinphoto

My 4.5 year old son loves pink and purple. lol.
I'd go for it.

For older kiddos ..Colors are just colors. All colors are fun. No matter what the color, it has a harness just like race car drivers and astronauts wear!

Cryssy Jane

'my' boys ride in princess and flora radians all the time. Odin will actually fight anyone who tries to take his flower seat.

Shaunam

My son rides in a pink turbo...he picked it out! He also rode in DD's pink my ride when he still fit in it. I don't think it matters, personally. Some people probably believe it will give little boys "issues". Obviously I don't. LOL

Jennifer mom to my 7

Although I did want a flora radian, and the older siblings and dh nixed it, my ds had ridden in a tiffany decathlon on occasion. As much as my dh gripes about pink if for girls, he really doesn't care that much. ANd the ventura radian looks better in the big van anyway;)

krasota

I let DS pick out his travel seat (scenera). He picked the BRIGHT pink one. I don't like pink, but it's his seat. When he was a baby, his seats were always black. ;) So buy what you like.

Mom2FiveGirls

I would. The baby won't know the difference :) Of course most of DD#4's wardrobe is super hero t-shirts and jeans complete with Iron Man 2 shoes :) I'm all for letting the kid wear what they want, regardless of whether or not its "boyish" or "girly"...same with car seats. :)

babyherder

Get what you like. Its your seat. "My" boys ride in a pink vivo cause that's the color Big Lots had on sale.

jujumum

As long as your DH isn't going to give you a hard time, go for the pink! You can always swap it here down the road or get one for $40 plus shipping from Gracobaby if you change your mind later on. The Cuddle from Target is super cute, too.:love:

zeo2ski

My 4 yo boy has pink. He wanted the flora XTSL, so I showed him the pics of ALL the color options to see if he'd change his mind and yep he sure did--he decided to go with petal! He loves it, and my 2.5 yo DS moved into a grey XT and wants to know why he can't sit in his brother's pink seat.

Plus, if you get pink seats for a girl, it may clash with the other shade of pink she's wearing, but (since my boys don't happen to wear pink) we never have this problem with boys in pink seats.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'd do it. I'm leaning towards getting a Flutter CA, and it'll be shared between a 4.5yo girl and a 5.5yo boy. He's cool with it, and that's the last thing that bothers me. I'd only worry about it if the parents are going to freak out.

Auntie2Avi

I own a pink carseat and have put boys in it before. I bought it for the little girl I was watching last summer and have kept it for use with my friends kids and for the little girl when I watch her. I have used it with two different boys and neither of them minded (they are both around 3 1/2). I personally like the color and unless I end up watching a boy full time I'm keeping my pink seat.

lpperry

I am excited for all the "yes" votes! I love the pink dots--that's the one I am going to get! DH won't care--it's for the daycare kids. Now, if I bought it specifically for Oliver, maybe he would care. I am going to let Oliver ride in it though if I need to. He has a Radian though, which I love, so I probably won't use the Myride for him. I might use the Myride for new baby girl when she gets squished in the Coccoro. Then I can use Coccoro for 3 across with the daycare kids.

Irishmama

In the Victorian era, pink was considered a "boy" color and blue was the "girl" color. Ever notice the baby boy in the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp has pink ribbons on his bassinet and wears a pink sleeper? So I say, go for the pink if you like it; I love the Sonata cover too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC