What color??

momof2kiddos

I am taking dd tonight after dh gets home from work to get her ears pierced:love: ,but I don't know what color to get.:rolleyes:

It is between ,her birthstone(emerald),pink,light purple,or just a classic diamond.The actual earing part will be white gold.I am leaning toward just a classic diamond so it will match everything she wears but is that too boring??

What color would you get?:confused:

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
When I got Aleahs ears pierces, I just did plain gold balls. :) Otherwise I would have went with just a plain diamond...

skaterbabs

When we did Joyjoy's, we did gold balls, because they match everything. For her first bday we gave her cubic zirconia studs (gold base.) For Christmas this year we gave her her first pair of hoops, which she wears occasionally, but she prefers her studs actually.

skaterbabs

Anything more elaborate would have just been too much for a small baby, imo. She loves her hoops Santa brought her for Christmas, but rarely asks to wear them. We were going to just switch them for her studs but she asked for the "sparkly" ones back. lol :whistle:

Michi

Julie had her ears pierced at 5 and she chose pink.
We pierced Katie's ears at 2 and we chose red ( because it was Christmas time.)
I'm going to wait with Annie until she wants hers pierced.

I think gold balls or CZ's are nice because they go with everything.

soygurl

:twocents: Sorry to but in with unsolicited advice, but have you done any research on ear piercing guns? :eek: I know earrings are very cute and all, but piercing guns are really dangerous... Just google "piercing guns" and you'll see what I mean. :thumbsup:

skaterbabs

We used a single-use disposable gun. It was actually part of kit that we bought for piercing at home, similar to THIS ONE, but designed specificaly for infants.

Most reputable places actually use single-use needles or guns anyway now days, even places like Claires.

momof2kiddos

:twocents: Sorry to but in with unsolicited advice, but have you done any research on ear piercing guns? :eek: I know earrings are very cute and all, but piercing guns are really dangerous... Just google "piercing guns" and you'll see what I mean. :thumbsup:

Yes The place we are getting it done uses one-use guns ;)

By the way everyone I have decided on the classis diamond,but dh came home with a migrane and ruined my plans:hitselfonhead: lol,so now I have to wait until tommorrow:crying:

Yoshi

This is from a google search which led me to Dr. Greene's site- Here is what he had to say....(underlining mine):)

"Many parents opt to wait on ear piercing until a child is able to make the decision for herself (or himself). Some parents find it desirable for their children to have pierced ears as babies. But how early is too early? I am a fan of waiting at least a bit for ear piercing. My reason? Tetanus. Even though tetanus is not very common (thanks to immunizations), the tetanus bacteria is everywhere. It usually enters the body through puncture wounds. For this reason, it is better for a baby to have at least one (better two) tetanus shots behind her before her big day . Two shots would put the event at 3-5 months old for most kids. Also, once babies are 3 months old, they are better able to handle the more common minor skin infections they might get."

Alan Greene MD FAAP

skipspin

My Drs office did my DD's piercing at 4 months. They recommended not doing it before that (probably due to tetnus) but did say doing it somewhere else reputable was usually fine. They did a lot of babies there, so I was more comfortable having them do it than going to Claires and risking getting someone who had never done a baby before...

Now she's 3.5 and loves her earings. She has never had a problem with her ears at all, other than one times I left cheap earings in for too long and we had to take them out for a few days, but it was no big deal.

mommy2jana

I think we did diamonds.....I don't think I would have gone with the plain gold balls because I hate yellow gold, so I'm pretty sure it was diamonds. We also bought her a pair of birthstone earrings, too. She got her ears pierced 6 weeks before her 2nd birthday, so her birthstone earrings were a great birthday present.

We waited until she asked to have her ears pierced, she really wanted it done. She cried less than 30 seconds, they did both ears at the same time with a single-use gun. After it was over, she blew the ladies kisses and told them "thank you" and "bye". :) It was so cute!

We didn't get them done at Claire's, but at a place called Piercing Pagoda. The lady at Claire's was highly rude to us after we waited for 20 minutes before she even got to us. She wouldn't let my mom fill out the paperwork because my mom is not her guardian. Even though I was standing right there telling my mom what to write. I was holding my very whiney toddler and she didn't want to go to her nana.

Have fun getting her ears pierced!!!

momof2kiddos

We didn't get them done at Claire's, but at a place called Piercing Pagoda.

Have fun getting her ears pierced!!!

That's where we are getting hers done :D I would never get them done at claire's,the girls that work there are just rude and too young for me to let them touch my babies ears.And that is saying something considering I am probably younger then them at 18:ROTFLMAO:

momof2kiddos

This is from a google search which led me to Dr. Greene's site- Here is what he had to say....(underlining mine):)

"Many parents opt to wait on ear piercing until a child is able to make the decision for herself (or himself). Some parents find it desirable for their children to have pierced ears as babies. But how early is too early? I am a fan of waiting at least a bit for ear piercing. My reason? Tetanus. Even though tetanus is not very common (thanks to immunizations), the tetanus bacteria is everywhere. It usually enters the body through puncture wounds. For this reason, it is better for a baby to have at least one (better two) tetanus shots behind her before her big day . Two shots would put the event at 3-5 months old for most kids. Also, once babies are 3 months old, they are better able to handle the more common minor skin infections they might get."

Alan Greene MD FAAP

Wow that is intresting.My pedi gave me the okay at her 8 week shots to get it done.:scratcheshead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC