How hard would you fight to keep him rfing?

glockchick

CJ is now 2 years and 8 months old. He's 33 lbs clothed and in RFing MAs in all vehicles.

He's starting to complain about his legs being cramped in his seat. In dh's car especially. The dynamics of the vehicle seats in dh's car are terrible for rfing. They come out at just the place a rfing seat hits and the child has very little leg room. Compound that with a MA rfing and you get teeny tiny space from butt to seat back.

I can't afford new seats right now. If I could, I'd probably get him 40 lb Radians, but he'd still have to ff in the suburban at 35 lbs because Radians don't fit there. :p I'm not sure a rfing radian would fit passenger side in my Civic either. The TF would give him more leg room, but IMO it's not worth it for 2 lbs.

Do I keep squishing him in or flip him? I'd really hoped to make it to at least 3 1/2 rfing, but this is nuts. I'll try to get a pic in dh's car when he gets home with him. He can't put his legs over the sides because of the door and Kaleigh's seat and there's a pretty high headrest on the vehicle seat. He'd be folded in half if he tried to go up the seat back with them. It's too squished for criss cross.

WWYD?

ADS

cookie123

Do you have a 35 lbs weight limit? I'd try to make that last as long as I could, then go ff. That's what we're planning with Matthew. He's on the last few lbs, too. Actually, I just remembered, I think his Avenue goes to 35 lbs. I'll have to check that.

glockchick

Yes, they're 35 lb seats. I was just meaning the TF wouldn't be worth it for the same weight limit since he's so close to that.

cookie123

Do you know anyone you could trade seats with for a little while for one with a little more rf leg room? It wouldn't be worth it to buy another 35 lbs weight limit seat, for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC