Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Is there a comparison of diff countries carseat use/info?

I am slowly but eagerly learning about carseat standards and laws in varying countries. I live in Canada and am familiar some of the seats here, how they install, the limits, but like learning about the seats in Sweden, Australia, etc. I am wondering if there is a comparison thread, or resources to learn about the seats kinda across the globe? I would love to see a global map where you can hover over a country and see something -RF to so and so pounds or No Restraint laws, or whathaveyou.

Anyhow, for interest's sake...any info would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Re: Is there a comparison of diff countries carseat use/info?

Perhaps you've found your calling?

Maintaining this information for just North America alone would be a massive undertaking

-Nicole.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Yeah, there's not anything like that for the world, but the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (a U.S. group) has a pretty neat map that does what you describe, for the laws in the U.S. states.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Carseat Crazy

Wow, I really like the one that goes over the US States. I would love to see something more on a international level, Yes, it would be difficult-so many updates and such, correct info, etc.

So, if there is a fairly new breakdown of the general comparison...would love to see more links and such! Thanks for posting the link to the states one. I wonder if Canada has something similar.

Yes, calling...I am so interested in learning it...have this need to learn more and more! I have learned so much on here that I didn't know. And I find it really scary at how little parents, people actually do know about carseat safety. That is why I think I would be good at taking the tech course-not just for installs but for helping other people learn , increase awareness around the communities I can.