Is there a comparison of diff countries carseat use/info?

equilibrium

I am slowly but eagerly learning about carseat standards and laws in varying countries. I live in Canada and am familiar some of the seats here, how they install, the limits, but like learning about the seats in Sweden, Australia, etc. I am wondering if there is a comparison thread, or resources to learn about the seats kinda across the globe? I would love to see a global map where you can hover over a country and see something -RF to so and so pounds or No Restraint laws, or whathaveyou.

Anyhow, for interest's sake...any info would be appreciated!

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Perhaps you've found your calling?

Maintaining this information for just North America alone would be a massive undertaking :)

-Nicole.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Yeah, there's not anything like that for the world, but the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (a U.S. group) has a pretty neat map that does what you describe, for the laws in the U.S. states.

equilibrium

Wow, I really like the one that goes over the US States. I would love to see something more on a international level, Yes, it would be difficult-so many updates and such, correct info, etc.

So, if there is a fairly new breakdown of the general comparison...would love to see more links and such! Thanks for posting the link to the states one. I wonder if Canada has something similar.

Yes, calling...I am so interested in learning it...have this need to learn more and more! I have learned so much on here that I didn't know. And I find it really scary at how little parents, people actually do know about carseat safety. That is why I think I would be good at taking the tech course-not just for installs but for helping other people learn , increase awareness around the communities I can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC