RA50 buckle

flutie128

Is it just me or is the RA50 buckle seem really short? I have a TF that I use as well and it seems so long compared to the RA50. It seems like I can barely get it up to buckle DD in and she is a 26 pounds, 36 inch 2 year old that wears pampers.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The Britax buckles are shorter in general. Their harnesses ride more over the thighs, which seems to be a product of the shorter crotch buckle strap. That being said, sometimes the set-up and install make them seem even shorter. Which slot do you have it in? Are you using the seatbelt? If so, is the seatbelt behind the buckle (as in, closer to the child)?

skylinphoto

I actually like the shorter buckle on the britax seats.
My dd (stats in my siggy, she's pt'd so no dipes) fits great and like the pp said, the straps sit on her thighs. :)

flutie128

It is on the 2nd slot. I installed it with latch and I am pretty sure I put the latch strap in front of the buckle (closer to the seat back) since that was what the directions told me.

Maybe it is that I am not use to the Britax buckle system since I have never owned one before.

Holly

I have a Fisher Price Safe Vouage Deluxe (Made by Britax and a lot like the RA50 or Marathon) and I have an RA50 too. The FPSVD only has one position for the crotch strap to be in and ds fits fine in it and it's easy to buckle.
When he's in the RA50, the crotch strap is way too hard to use when it's in the middle slot. It seems way short and kind of underneath him.
The RA50 manual says that the strap has to be in the middle or furthest in positions when RFing but it also says it can't be under the child.

I called someone and talked to them about that, how it was under him in the 2nd position but the manual said it couldn't be in the 3rd and I asked what I was supposed to do. There is no way he's turning around anytime soon, he's only 19 months. I was told I can use the 3rd slot but only if the buckle is really under him in the other slot, and when I install the seat I have to check and double check that the seatbelt does not interefere with the crotch strap at all. It's easy for me to get it in without the seatbelt in the way because on the FPSVD, the one strap slot is further out like the 3rd slot on the RA50 so the seat belt is in the same position when installing either seat.
Thats the only way I can easily and comfortably put ds RFing in the RA50.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC