Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

booster + caravan suggestions, please

Hello!

My oldest is 7; 47", 46 pounds. She rides in a hb monterey in the 2nd row of the caravan. I'd like her in the 3rd row but the belt twists/ bunches in the belt guide. It doesn't seem very safe annd it's difficult for her to get it properly tightened each time - fortunately it fits nicely in the 2nd row.

My question: would the bunching be improved by a different seat? If so, any suggestions? I seriously live 500+ km from a store that sells carseats (and that's just Walmart) so I can't try them out.

Thanks for any help!

Erica

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: booster + caravan suggestions, please

What year is your caravan?

Hopefully someone here with a caravan has used a variety of booster seats in the back row, and can give you some advice.
    Katy

we have the same issue in my grand caravan, on the rear passenger side, and the montery that i just got has actually improved it, i was really bad with the turbo booster, i can't move his seating position so i just make sure i fix it or make sure its ok before he buckles every time....
    Susan CPST, Busy Homeschooling Mom to
    Elizabeth-15, Hailey-12, Sammy-10, Caroline-6

Thank you very much for the replies! Though I'm disappointed to learn that the monterey is the improvement! I was hoping that something else would work better, and specifically hoping that the turbo booster would work, as I can get it 'locally' this weekend.

Susanx4 - you specifically mentioned the passenger side, 3rd row. That made me realize that I'd never tried the driver's side. Did you find that it made a difference at all?

It's a 2006 Caravan, btw.

Erica

drivers side is much better, i have only used that spot with a turbo and not had a problem. passenger side i also have a hard time with my dd2 backless, it wont stay on her shoulder in that location.. i think its just a bad spot!
    Susan CPST, Busy Homeschooling Mom to
    Elizabeth-15, Hailey-12, Sammy-10, Caroline-6