Backseat in '10 Ford F150 XLT...?

luckyclov

DH is considering a 2010 Ford F150 XLT for his new vehicle. We test drove it this weekend and I noticed that the backseat just folds up and locks. You don't have to unlatch or undo anything to lift it; it's just kind of a "free" flip, if that makes sense (60/40 split).

We would have 2 Montereys, anchored, in the outboard spots and either a CCO or RN RF in the center, SB installed (Euro style w/ the CCO and tethered w/ the RN). With the way the seats flip up so easily...it just doesn't seem safe, especially for the RF child, if we were rear-ended. I guess I'm concerned about the seats bouncing up, causing the RF seat to cacoon into the seat back...?

Am I being insane or is this perfectly okay? No one at the dealership could answer this question for me (duh) and they were all floored by it since no one had ever brought it up before and "lots of families" buy the F150.

ADS

kathysr98

My dad has an '09 that is the same way. I have put dd in it in her RF RN many times. Granted, we haven't been in a wreck, but I have no problem with the seat folding the way it does. I tried to lift the seat with the RN installed the first time I put it in, and the seat did not try to fold at all. I think it may be because of the way the seat lifts up...it doesn't seem to be just a rotation, more of a drop down & out if that makes any sense to you. If you are concerned, just install the seats & see how you feel about it then. Most dealers have no issue with that at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC