HOLY CRAP, Please help me save this baby´s life

lenats31

HOLY CRAP, Please help me save this baby´s life

Watch this video:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHbTQMQF-bk&feature=related"]YouTube - Kindersitz[/ame].

I don´t now where to start:( So many things wrong with this installation.

Lena

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Re: HOLY CRAP, Please help me save this baby´s life

I don't have sound, so I don't feel qualified to offer a full opinion on the video, but it doesn't appear to be good. :(

Aside from the obvious of the loose install, a major concern concern is that appears to be an old Fisher-Price convertible, and given the peeling stickers, I'm sure it's expired. (I'm presuming the audio indicates that she intends to use this install for a child?)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member

At least the straps are in the top slots for FF. Otherwise, expired seat, horribly loose install.

It's in a different language so I couldn't understand the audio.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

The audio isn't in english, and I don't recognize the language. The vehicle is obviously foreign, therefore the seat belt likely doesn't lock.

I'm not sure what anyone here could do about this, if the people posting it don't even speak english?

Lily

I think it's German or Swiss-German. He says "wunderbar" at the end. I also think I might have heard him say a date that sounded like 1997. Completely guessing there, though! Hopefully it's an old video. How to install a car seat when traveling to New Zealand?

lenats31

It´s German. But all there is, is to watch th seat and how (horribly) they install it. "Wunderbar" means "Wonderfull" (COUGH!! It´s anything but...). The video is from 2010:(

Basically the video was made to show other parents how easy the seat is to install. They don´t have any luck at all The seat is obviously an ollll piece of...... The install is horribly wrong - even for a foreign seat it would be (it´s a Canadian type seat)

Lena

fyrfightermomma

I don't have sound, so I don't feel qualified to offer a full opinion on the video, but it doesn't appear to be good. :(

Aside from the obvious of the loose install, a major concern concern is that appears to be an old Fisher-Price convertible, and given the peeling stickers, I'm sure it's expired. (I'm presuming the audio indicates that she intends to use this install for a child?)

It's one of those Evenflo Trooper or Scouts. The non overhead shield version :) I had one in 1999 or so

KiwiGem

That video is shot in New Zealand (the vehicle in the background has a NZ licence plate on it). The banner at the bottom of the video, http://www.travelcars.co.nz/ may be using this video to show overseas visitors how to install seats in their cars - I will email them now & ask if they recorded it & check that this particular restraint isn't one that the have to hire out to overseas visitors.

It's coming up to our peak holiday season here so will be good to correct them on a few things if that is what they doing :(

Thank you for posting this!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC