HWH seat for tall torsoed kiddo.

Cryssy Jane

Starting to think about saving for a new seat for O. He won't sit in the RN FF due to how upright it is. And I don't really want him FF right now, but if I start saving then it'll give me money for closer to his birthday hopefully.

Stats:
2 years 8 months
32lbs
15 -15.5 ish inch torso
wears 4t tops and 3t bottoms

Like I said I have a while (hopefully) just trying to look at options. He rides FF in his parents vehicles in MRs.

ADS

babyherder

Well, I would say a Maestro cause its reasonably priced but its upright too. Have you tried him in a CA ff? It seems upright too but you already have it so it can't hurt to try.

Cryssy Jane

Well, I would say a Maestro cause its reasonably priced but its upright too. Have you tried him in a CA ff? It seems upright too but you already have it so it can't hurt to try.

He won't ride in the CA period :thumbsdown:... he complains it hurts his head RF so I'd imagine that wouldn't really change FF.

ETA: this is the only kiddo I'll be guaranteed to have until he starts kindergarten, so even if it's more expensive, it'll be the last seat i buy him.

andre149

I would try him in a GN if you haven't already or a Maestro like the pp said :) My guess is it's just going to be finding the one that works best for him of the options, all the combo seats are pretty upright... maybe if you let him be part of the process he'll like it better?

Spam

The FR85 has the highest top slots at 20" if you think he'll need them. Otherwise the Prosport and nautilus are about 18" maybe a little higher on the nauti? The maestro also has about 18" top slots or just a hair above that. The FR85 has a nice recline to it and I find the maesto too as well, not MR reclined but reclined. I'm debating on wether Austin will need the 20" height of the FR85 or if we can do with 18", he's a little younger than Odin but also in 4T tops and bottoms. He rides in a Maestro in my moms van and is on the second to top slot with about a half inch to grow before reaching them. I want a ProSport just because I like the sip, but then I wonder how soon he'll outgrow it. Tough decisions I know. In the FR85, A is the fourth or fifth click from the top, pretty much right in the middle.

Cryssy Jane

See I'm leaning towards FR85 because he's already at 15-15.5 inch torso. Yes I understand the possibility of the 1 inch of torso per year thing, but he hasn't followed that as of yet, so I have no idea what to predict.

mommy-medic

Just curious- if he's 32 lbs and you have him in an XTSL, why are you wanting a different FFing seat closer to his bday? I would just leave him RFing... ? Even with his torso height he should still have a long time in the radian.

Cryssy Jane

Just curious- if he's 32 lbs and you have him in an XTSL, why are you wanting a different FFing seat closer to his bday? I would just leave him RFing... ? Even with his torso height he should still have a long time in the radian.

I am leaving him RF, and looking for more towards his birthday... hopefully he makes it that long, just starting to save funds and was asking opinions. He actually has about 2-2.5 inches to the top of the shell left in the XTSL RF at a 35 degree angle, so maybe another inch to inch and a half of growth room. He's got a longer torso, longer neck and big noggin, otherwise is a tall string bean.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC