My freaky narrow shouldered child

glockchick

The turbo doesn't stay on Abigail's shoulder either. Is there any booster that will? She's really wanting a booster over a harness and I'd like to accommodate here if possible.

I'll try to get a pic of fit later today to show you what I mean.

She's at my parents' house right now. She rode in the TB because it was either that or the PW and the TB fit better. :eek: It's ok as long as she leans towards the door and I told her to do that. She understands the safety issues and I trust her, but I still worry.

The only local stores that sell car seats are Target, Walmart, and TRU (which doesn't have anything other than Target and WM) so I can't try her out in the more expensive seats. I can try her in a Big Kid Elite, but that's about it. :p

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Maybe try a Vivo? I'm trying to remember what else we recommend for narrow kids, and coming up short.

glockchick

Aren't all the vivos out now "old"? I was trying to hold out for the new ones. Totally not the point, but she hates the colors available now. ;)

glockchick

Nothing. Where'd you find one? I couldn't find one retail anywhere. I could look on here, but I'd prefer to get it somewhere I could return it if it didn't work.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm trying to remember what fit Macha when she was about that age. I just remember that only the really skinny boosters like the TB fit her properly. I'd say Vivo, too.

Another thought would be to try moving the PW and the TB up a notch, so that it looks a bit "high" when you see that the head isn't exactly centered between the headwings, but the shoulder belt fits better. I don't mean move it up so that it's really TOO high - just one notch over what you'd consider "ideal." The head will still be contained in the headwings, just not centered.

Kind of like with the GN when you move the straps up and suddenly the headrest looks all wrong, KWIM?

glockchick

Yeah, I've tried that. Here's a pic of the PW that way. Most here agreed it was too close to the edge of her shoulder for comfort.

6129c4bf.jpg

fb55f48d.jpg

The TB looked better when I tried her in it, but after a ride, she was off to the side again. This is the before pic. I don't have an after.
c403ae27.jpg

I'm not sure if CJ's seat is compressing the vehicle seat enough that it causes her booster to lean (and her with it) towards it or what. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC