outgrown highback booster?

aprilbeanxo

How do you know when a highback booster is outgrown?My 8 year old brother is in an evenflo highback booster(i know these dont usually get good fits,but it fits him really well,across the lap and good shoulder position).Today i noticed his head is right at the top of it,and its as high as it goes.I'm not sure on when a highback is outgrown and cant find the manuel.is it an inch above the head?until his ears are at the top?

And also,should i encourage my mum to get him another highback that will last him longer,or do you think that he will be ok in a no back at 8?
TIA:)

ADS

Raegansmom4

I'm not a booster expert as my kids are too young for one yet (just started booster training my oldest). I do know the shoulder cannot go above the belt guide, so your brother may be too tall for it, depending on where his shoulder hits. At 8 years old, he probably could handle a no-back booster as long as the vehicle has headrests to provide neck protection.

Pixels

A high back booster is outgrown when the shoulder goes above the belt guide, the top of the ears go above the top of the head support, or the weight limit is reached. Most boosters, the head is still well below the top of the head support when the shoulder goes over the belt guide.

TerisBoys

To give a visual, my son was at the max of the Evenflo Big Kid here (if I'm not mistaken, that's what your brother is in?)

bk2.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC