WWYD, seat related.

Cryssy Jane

So I've said that I wouldn't have any qualms about FF O at 3, he is FF in all his other vehicles...

I looked at O in the radian yesterday, he's about an inch-inch and a half over the 2nd from top slots, but has a long neck as well and a big noggin... I measured (yes correctly) and he's got less than 2 inches to the top of the shell. I can get a picture on monday.

He's 32lbs on the nose and hasn't changed weight wise since may ish, but he's growing like a weed. He's wearing 4T shirts and 3T pants. He's 2 years almost 8 months old. Convince me that he'll not grow anymore torso for the next 4+ months.

I did sit him FF in a RN the other day (we didn't drive that way) but he was complaining about his back hurting. He rides FF in MRs in his parents cars.

ADS

cookie123

Hopefully he'll make it.:) I'm hoping the same for Matthew. He'll be 3 in December and has a few lbs to go rf in the Radian. He has lots of height room, however. My Radian is not retroactive to 40 lbs. I think it's actually a 33 lb seat. I haven't checked, though. I'm okay for him to ff at 3.

munchkin

Didn't someone mention that the CA has a higher shell and slots? Since he doesn't need the higher weight limit of the Radian, could you maybe switch seats around for a few months until he reachesthe limit of the CA or is 3?

andre149

I'd do the best you can... hopefully he'll make it... but if not I would take the "you did the best you could" approach and turn him :) Good job keeping him rf longer than everyone else!

Cryssy Jane

Didn't someone mention that the CA has a higher shell and slots? Since he doesn't need the higher weight limit of the Radian, could you maybe switch seats around for a few months until he reachesthe limit of the CA or is 3?

He won't sit in the CA :thumbsdown: I tried when I first got it and it's a no go. He complains the whole time that his head hurts or that the harness is too tight. The radian is one of the first seats he hasn't complained about in a while. I think he'll stay there and hopefully since he just had a growth spurt, maybe he'll slow down a bit.

ETA: Becca! I :love: your siggy!!

Cryssy Jane

2 inches of growth room? It dawned on me that he's no longer in cloth diapers, and that in big boy underwear and pullups he probably has more room. So I put him in a pullup for said pictures.

ETA: He likes the flutter CA at BRU... but won't sit in my current CA LX... so maybe I just need a new cover ;)
IMG_4125.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC