Seems like the Radian is due for some changes!

cookie123

After looking around at some of the newer seats, like the Evenflos, I'm convinced the Radian could be perfect with a few changes. Other seats are such beasts that I can't convince myself to get one. Even Britax has a smooth adjuster now, right? Even though I've kind of come to terms with that and have stopped adjusting each time, I'd welcome a Radian with a smooth adjuster and an easier, more universal install. Or maybe I just need a better vehicle!

ADS

Mae

The Radian could use ... a lot of changes. ;)

Toddler Boot (or tested to use without the boot!).
Better splitter plate.
Non-fading covers.
Non-peeling stickers.
Non-slipping headwings.
LBP installation.
Open RF belt path for easy access to pull seat belt/LATCH.
Fix the new SL LATCH connectors.
Easy off/on covers.
Perhaps just *one more* slot for FF use. Just a tidbit taller.
And YES! Butter smooth harness adjuster.

Hm... what else? :p :rolleyes:

Mylilboyblue

Better splitter plate.
Non-fading covers.
Non-peeling stickers.
Non-slipping headwings.
LBP installation.
Easy off/on covers.

A 50lb RF weight limit!

I totally agree with everything else.

cookie123

Well, I guess you're right! What ever happened to that 'talking to Russ, Radian changes' thread? Did that person ever pass on our ideas to Russ, I wonder?

cookie123

Yeah, I believe that is the one. Oh, it was Judi's thread. Hey, Judi? What ever happened with that?

poohbearkrazy

Better splitter plate.
Non-fading covers.
Non-peeling stickers.
Non-slipping headwings.
LBP installation.
Easy off/on covers.

Yes, I agree with ALL of this.

I would be happy with it if two things changed: lock offs, smooth adjuster. But I think it needs an overhaul.

Most definitely! Lock offs

sunnymw

*SuperLATCH with the push-button adjuster
*Toddler Boot
*No re-thread harness (although I do understand their reasoning behind this)
*More non-mesh cover choices--or better mesh (think Onyx)
*Lock-offs... would be niiice.

wavegal

*SuperLATCH with the push-button adjuster
*Toddler Boot
*No re-thread harness (although I do understand their reasoning behind this)
*More non-mesh cover choices--or better mesh (think Onyx)
*Lock-offs... would be niiice.

curious what is their reasoning behind the no re-thread harness?

featherhead

I don't think a toddler boot is the answer. I think we need an adjustable boot. I need to be able to get MORE recline in my car if I want to use it for newborns.

Mae

I don't think a toddler boot is the answer. I think we need an adjustable boot. I need to be able to get MORE recline in my car if I want to use it for newborns.

Orrrrrr.

They should just test it without the boot. :whistle:

mommy-medic

One of the best features i miss about my Marathon was the two independant latch straps- made installation SO easy. I wish the Radian had this- of course it would mean a complete redesign though...

Last edited by a moderator:

sunnymw

curious what is their reasoning behind the no re-thread harness?

IDK where I read it, but I believe it was something along the lines of individual harness slots offering more strength/endurance in an accident, whereas an infinite adjust does not have slots that are individually reinforced, plus there are moving parts (and all engineers know that more moving parts = more room for error) (then again, more having to move harness slots = more room for parental error).

Buuuut that was a long time ago and I'm not sure where I heard it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC