Tell me what you drive

ADS

lynsgirl

I have a 2005 Sienna LE8. I got a package with side curtain ABs in all rows, since that wasn't standard for the Sienna until 06. I have 4 kids in the following seats/positions:

Ds1, age 10 - Husky (Regent), passenger outboard in third row
Dd, age 8.5 - Regent, driver's outboard third row
Ds2, 5yrs 10mos - MA, center seat, center row
Ds3, 8mos, MA, driver's outboard, center row

I really love my van and the only things I'd change would be to have the driver's side slider as a power slider and not have the interior trim be gloss black :p , since it doesn't stay "glossy" very long :rolleyes: .

Dh's car is a 95 Subaru Legacy that I love to hate. I *can* get three seats in there, but I hate doing it. I pretty much dislike installing anything in there :D. Anyway, if anyone rides in it, the two older kids use either a PW or hb TB. Ds2, if he rides in there, usually uses the PW, but he's not in there very often. I've occasionally put his MA in there. Ds3 has only been in the car like three times total. Once in the Touriva, once in the center in his Companion (baseless) and once OB, Companion (with base). A couple of years ago, for about 7 or 8 mos, this was our only vehicle. Because it's not exactly packed with safety features and I had 3 kids at the time, I did what I could to keep everybody safest, including getting all 3 top TAs. Ds1 had a Husky, Dd had a MA and ds2 was RF in a Touriva. It was an insane amount of work and gymnastics on my part to install all of those just right. I got it down to a bit less than 45 minutes for all three seats, but not usually less than that. Thankfully, that situation is behind us now! :D

Last edited:

Bumble_bee

I have only one daughter, so this would be simple.

98 Honda Accord, with Britax Marathon (Marvelous cover) installed in the middle.

In my sig, is the Roundabout installed in the middle until I decided it is better to have the marathon installed in my car, and have the Roundabout (lighter in weight) as spare for my dd to ride in while mommy's away at work or at school.

ymherrera

I have a 2007 Honda CRV with a SS1 in Ionic installed in the center w/latch and DH has a 2005 Scion tC with a SS1 base installed in the center w/latch also (big pain to get it level with those bucket seats!) I just ordered a DC and will put that RF in my Honda and I am pre-ordering the Recaro Signo in Cobalt for DH Scion but until we get the Signo, I'm going to install a Graco comfortsport behind the passenger seat RFing.

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I have a 2007 Honda CRV with a SS1 in Ionic installed in the center w/latch and DH has a 2005 Scion tC with a SS1 base installed in the center w/latch also (big pain to get it level with those bucket seats!) I just ordered a DC and will put that RF in my Honda and I am pre-ordering the Recaro Signo in Cobalt for DH Scion but until we get the Signo, I'm going to install a Graco comfortsport behind the passenger seat RFing.

Just wanted to comment on your center LATCH install in the Scion - Toyota/Scion doesn't allow borrowing of the outboard lower LATCH anchors for a center installation. However, the SS1 base really is a breeze to install with a seatbelt thanks to the built-in seatbelt lockoff and most SS1 owners usually prefer to do a seatbelt installation. :) It is fine to do a center lower LATCH installation in the '07 CRV since it has dedicated center lower anchors, but not in the Scion. If you want to use LATCH in the Scion to install seats, then they will need to be outboard installations, or install in the center using the seatbelt.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Hmm, guess I haven't done this one yet... :scratcheshead:

I have a:

2000 Ford Focus SE(4-door) that currently has an Evenflo Generations in the center of the backseat.

2000 Ford Ranger 2-door that has a Britax WZ in the passenger seat

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic extended cab w/a Regent in the rear outboard passenger-side seat.

Oh, and sadly, only one kid...

The Bjorns

A 2007 Acura RDX with a Marathon in the center. Soon it will have a Snugride and a Marathon.

LOVE my car!

DH has a 2001 Ford F150 and we have occasionally put the MA in the front with the airbag turned off.

A

AspieMom2Boys

A 2005 Nissan Armada

Each captain chair has a FF Marathon, LATCHed

DS 1 is 3.5
DS 2 is 21 months

I am currently looking for a somewhat smaller, safe car with cool styling. Our 'maybe' list includes a Mazda CX-9, Dodge Nitro, BMW 3-Series sedan, Hummer H3 (bad gas mileage though). Any recommendations?

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I drive a 2004 Ford Windstar with side curtain airbags. I like it except for the gas mileage. I have a Boulevard rear facing behind the passenger seat and an Apex in the center of the third row. Both are installed with LATCH. Although, for some reason, the top tethers on the front seats in the Windstars are not on the automatic power front seats, which would have been nice to tether the Boulevard rear facing!

DH drives a 03 Pontiac Vibe. No seats installed there, we just switch them if we ever need to, and we haven't since we bought the van in April.

Cathyliz

Senior Community Member
I drive a '98 Dodge Durango and dh drives a '01 Dodge Ram Sport 1500. Neither of our boys are in CR's anymore (11 and 13) but I have daycare kiddos that are. Right now I have a RF in the center of the 2nd row and a FF behind the driver's seat. The end of next month I'll have to put another RF seat in, so I'll probably put both of them on the outboard seats of the 2nd row and move the FF seat to the back row (kiddo will be 3yo then). I don't think two RF's will fit next to each other in the 2nd row. I guess I'll try if I need to.

Cathy

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
I drive a 1998 buick regal

Have a
rf ra
ff ma
regent
and a parkway in front.

Same exact set up in a 2001 or 2002 buick century with their dad.

hayleysmom23

My daughter rides in a Nautilus and a Maestro. The cars she rides in are my. 01 Hyundai Accent, my other half's 87 Chevy Silverado, her aunt's Tahoe (not sure the year), my mom's 01 Ford Explorer, grandma's 10 Toyota Tacoma, and my dad's 04 Chevy Silverado.
With taxes we will be getting another car seat and either a Jeep or Toyota pickup.

jess71903

Ambassador
2005 Expedition
2 kids, ages 3 and 5
FF True Fit and ProSport, side by side in the 2nd row right now (center and driver outboard)

StillThankful

Wow! A 2007 thread has come back to life!:p

Both kids are FFing

I drive a
1995 Honda Odyssey/FR85/EFTA
1994 Honda Accord/GN/ADV70
MR65 as a Spare

gsdguenter

I drive a 2009 (I think, or '10) Kia Sedona and have the following seats in it:

FR85 for DD1
MT for DD2
PKWSGL
TB

(DD1 can choose if she wants to ride in a booster or harness, plus we take her friends home a lot, hence the extra seats)

DH drives a 2010 Hyundai Elantra and has these seats:

Nauti for DD1 in harness mode
RNXTSL for DD2 with AA

The kids also ride daily with my mom in her 2010 Hyundai Elantra:

Oobr for DD1
RNXTSL for DD2 with AA
RSTV in the center for when she brings a friend home, and sometimes DD1 likes to ride in it because she likes the sensory input she gets from it hugging her, and it's pink lol

And, while we're at it, my dad drives the girls ever other Tuesday. He drives a 2003 Subaru Outback and we keep the following seats in it:

Monterey for DD1
RNXT with AA for DD2 and my niece who rides in it the opposite Tuesdays my dad doesn't have my kids :)

With all that, I still have a spare RNXT, Ozzi, TFP, and large RSTV in my closet :0

ETA: I forgot to add that DD2 is always rear facing :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC