Tell me what you drive

teekadog

I drive our '01 Toyota Echo. Have a 4yo and a 2yo rfing in Marathons.

Dh drives our '01 Toyota Camry. When we use that car as a family around town (rarely), the 4yo ffs in a Scenera, and the 2yo rfs in an Evenflo Scout. When we go on drives of 2+ hours, I move the rfing Marathons into it.

We love the Echo way more than the Camry, but the Echo's a bit on the small side :eek: so this summer we're going to sell the Camry and get a Sienna. [insert happy dance here]

ADS

tchrgrrl

Our family vehicle is a 2006 Kia Sedona EX with power package. My 2 year old is rf'ing in a MA behind the passenger and 4 year old is in a Regent behind the driver. Both installed with LATCH & tethered. The Kia replaced a 2006 Honda Odyssey after it had major body/frame/mechanical work done after a major side impact accident.

DH's commuter car is a '96 Honda Accord - we have fit a Husky and RF'ing MA in the Accord in an emergency but avoid it whenever possible.

natysr

Our commuter car is a 2006 Civic Hybrid. Britax Marathon installed rearfacing in center position.

Our weekender and roadtrip car is a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. Britax Boulevard installed rearfacing driver's side.

wondering1

Family car: 1999 Toyota Camry - Regent back center with tether

As needed for travel to work, I drive a car with Gen3 seatbelts. These are very unsafe belts as they can release when an elbow or debris hits the orange release mechanism. Alternatively, I can drive a truck - I am not very familiar with driving trucks, but this is the safer vehicle as long as I take curves slower than I'm accustomed to!

TxMomma

I drive a 2003 Chevy Astro van, 2 sceneras (one FF, one RF) in the 2nd row, and a TB in the back row passenger outboard. I hate this van! The mpg sucks so bad.

Dh drives a 06 Kia Spectra and he can only take 2 kids in his car. Technically he could fit all 3 since his car has the airbag sensor BUT I don't trust it. It's electronic and it could fail and that's not something I even want to risk!

carseatcrazy

Right now I am driving my grandfathers 2003 intrepid with a marathon ff in the center with latch, and a 2007 malibu with a marathon ff in the center with the lap/shoulder belt. I am also in the market for a new to me car with overhead airbags

Brandy
Tech in Nova Scotia
Hayden 4 years old 35 pounds 49 inches

trailrunnermom

2007 Honda Odyssey (replaced 2004 MDX which was totalled in a side impact collision, which replaced 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee because all 5 of us couldn't fit in it), and a 1996 Honda Accord (which my DH would like to replace if he doesn't have to keep buying cars for me to drive, LOL.) :)

Ody passenger: 15 yo DD
Ody 2nd row: Husky, Graco Snugride (or FPSVD if not babysitting)
Ody 3rd row: Radian FF, Scenera FF, and room for spare seat or booster if needed

Accord: Compass B500 and FP Safe Embrace (or FPSVD once he goes over 40#)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
My husband just bought an Infiniti G35 6MT sedan but I haven't even attempted to install any carseats in it yet. This is crazy since that is normally is the first thing I do after getting a new car and we have had it since Saturday.:eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I drive a 2006 Honda Civic sedan.

I have a Britax Boulevard installed with LATCH and tether RF in the outboard driver's side position.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
DH drives a 2003 VW Passat Turbo. He is currently car shopping. He is looking at several cars, but the ones on the top of his list are Acura TL, VW EOS, VW GOLF GTI, BMW 3 series, Honda Civic Coupe SI, Pontiac Solstice (<---I told him NO WAY!, me not like domestic, either does he but he thinks they are good looking. LOL!)

I don't like most domestic cars, either, lovinwaves. :)

I'm a bit biased, but I would go with the Civic or the TL.

tsk_mum

Am I the only one with an older car:rolleyes:
I currently drive a 94 Volvo 850 but we just purchased a 01 Odyssey so the Volvo will be DH's car when we get it:D

JOII

One car family here.

2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Not a fan but DH has a weird obsession and wouldn't give up that car for his life. :rolleyes:

Only one child in a seat for now. Right now there is a FFing Radian outboard :eek: LOL. USUALLY its a RFing MA, but I just got the Radian and was trying things out :)

I CAN fit 3 across but for being a SUV its a TIGHT fit!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My car is a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. DD1 (23 months, 26 pounds) is RF passenger side outboard in her Marathon. DD2 (10 weeks, 11 pounds) is RF in her Combi Tyro, center or drivers side outboard. We can also fit a Triumph RF, and FF if we install the bucket w/out the base.

DH drives a 1992 Jeep Cherokee. DD1 occasionally rides in it, FF in her Triumph (she's outgrown it RF by height). DD2 has yet to ride in his car ;)

CathyandBrandon

I drive a 2001 Chevy Malibu LS. I have 2 kids. Brandon sits in a Husky behind the passenger and Ashton sometimes uses the Bodyguard behind the drivers seat. The Husky fit's great in it.

hopefully in about 4-5 yrs I'm planning on getting a new car.

spencer0741

The car I drive is a 2005 GMC Envoy. I have twin 5 year old boys who both currently ride in Britax Regents. Its not a bad car, but I want something that has better gas mileage with today's prices.

ktmo

I drive a 2007 Toyota Sienna. I have two children. One FF in a Decathlon and one RF in a SafeSeat1. They are in Captain's Chairs.

I love my minivan.

Katie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC