Tell me what you drive

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
  • Me = 2005 Ford Freestar SES : Britax Husky ... Parkway + Compass B510 (for friends)
  • Daddy = 1997 Honda Civic HX : Cosco Apex
  • Grandma = 2005 Toyota Prius : backless Cubb
  • Grandma = 2007 Jeep Liberty : Ride Safer Travel Vest
  • Grandpa = 1999 F150 : Ride Safer Travel Vest

Last edited:
ADS

solmama

We have a 2006 Chrysler Town SWB. We like it-I especially like the V6 which I've never had in car before. However, the gas mileage isn't too great around town, but we love it for trips!

santecno

My kids are almost always in our 00 Windstar, 2 in boosters and one in a MA and one in a RA rfing as you can see in my sig. :)

easterbun

I drive a 2007 Dodge Caliber (even though it's only barely 2007 now, I've had it for a year). It's the perfect size for me, though fitting 3 seats in the back has been a bit of a challenge, I think I've figured it out. Right now I have a RF radian behind the driver's seat for DS, and a RF Britax Boulevard behind the passenger side for DD. We'll add another Radian to the mix sometime in June, in anticipation of #3's arrival (they'll be riding in the Boulevard though).

DH drives a 4-door Jeep Wrangler (also a 2007, this is the first and likely the *only* time we'll ever both be driving new vehicles at the same time), and DD also rides in a RF Britax Boulevard in there (also behind the passenger), with DS in a Turbo Booster. The kids don't ride in there often, and the seats are usually not installed so that DH won't have to worry about them when he takes the top off (risk of theft). Since the Boulevard is so easy to install though, it's not a problem to take it in and out ;)

My mom (only other person the kids ride with) drives a 2005 Grand Caravan, DD rides in a RF Britax Boulevard (driver side, middle row), and DS uses a turbo booster (usually passenger side, middle row, but sometimes he wants to sit in the "way back")

LaurieB

My kids go in a 2006 Sienna 8 passenger. 7 YO passenger side 2nd row in a Husky, 1.5 YO RF driver side 2nd row in a BLVD. Occasionally 7YO in a HB Turbo with dad but whoever has the kids usually takes the go-go minivan.

2 seats render the 3rd row pretty useless except for stuff, which is cargo netted down.

MamiOf3

I drive a 2007 Honda Odyssey. I have 3 kids in it. A 9½ year old in a backless booster in the 3rd row, a 3½ in an Evenflo Triumph 5 (2nd row driver's side), and a 6½ month old in a Britax Marathon (2nd row passenger side/middle). I'm buying the Recaro convertible seats this summer for my younger 2 kids.

canadianmom2three

I'm driving a 2003 Pontiac Montana with 3 kids in it - 4.5 yo center in the 2nd row in Radian, 7 yo outboard in the back in Confidence and 10 yo outboard in the belt, or backless booster for big trips.
th_IMGP2068.jpg

DH drives a 1999 F150 extended where any kids in the truck ride in the back in 2 highback turbo's or if all three are in there, the littlest ones ride in the turbos, and the biggest rides in the front with the airbags off (only center lapbelt and no headrests in the back)...but it's next to never all 3 are in there at once...

Lilsid

We have 7 vehicles right now but only one that I will allow a car seat in.

I drive a 1999 Toyota 4 runner. I love it, I traded my 1999 VW Passat for it and I have not regretted it one day.

I have one MA FF for my 2.5 year old 36lb. DD she sits behind the driver in back. The new baby will be here in August and he will be riding in a Combi Tyro infant seat canter seat.

DD is almost too big for her MA so for her B day in October she is getting a new Regent and DS will get her MA RF when he grows in to it.

DH likes my 4 Runner so much he is trying to talk me into a new Honda Mini Van so he can have my Truck. We will see. Right now I can still get my self and DD in my truck.

Everything else we own is ether a true pick up truck or a 2-seater racecar of some sort with over 550-horse power. So no kids in them except to help daddy clean them.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
We have a '04 dodge intrepid that i use about 60% of the time, that has a uptown behind the driver seat, a radian in the middle (both ffing and LATCH installed) and the parkway on the passanger side.

I drive the land rover discovery about 40% of the time and in it we have the the turbo hi back behind the driver seat, the scenera in the middle ffing, and the parkway (moved between cars) on passanger side.

Then dh has his police car that we don't use for the family unless we HAVE to.

And we have a 4 door '01 cavalier we are trying like crazy to sell, b/c we having used it in over a year, but we own $1500 on it, although that's all we are asking, it need some work but not much... oh well it will find a new home soon i hope! LOL

SativaStarr

I drive a 2002 Hyundai Accent (so not a family car, but I bought it in college thinking I had 5+ years before I had kids..oops, and we still owe on it so we are stuck). DD (4 months) is RF in an Evenflo Portabout on drivers side and DS (15 months) is currently FF in an Evenflo Triumph, but thanks to some great info from mamas here, hell be going back RF tomorrow.

DH drives a 1991 Ford Taurus and at the moment there's 3 across the back from when I was babysitting my friends 36 lb 5 year old. On the drivers side we have a Cosco highback booster with harness straps which is the "spare seat" I use when I have other people's kids in the car. In the middle is ds's seat.. its a Cosco Touriva (I think.. it was given to us by DH's coworker), and on the passengers side is where DD rides RF in an Evenflo Portabout.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I have a 2006 Honda Pilot w/ DS in a Regent in the 2nd row outboard passenger side.
My 17yo drives now ACK!
My 14yo still rides in the 2nd or 3rd row. He's not even 100 lbs yet so I don't let him ride in the front.
My 8yo (who is 105 lbs) hasn't been in a booster for almost a year. Nothing has fit her! She rides in the 2nd or 3rd row and passes the 5 step test for the seat belt.

lovemyfamily

I drive a 2001 GMC Yukon XL, 8 passenger.
DS #1 is behind the driver in the 3rd row, in a Regent
DS#1 is in the middle row, middle seat, in a FF Marathon
DH drives 1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 3/4 ton. We have yet to try to put the MA and the Regent in there, but when they boys were in a MA and RA, the RA was in the middle of the back seat and the MA was behind the passenger.

VLsMom

2007 Audi A4....one child...she's 15 mo and 25 lb, RFing in her Triumph DLX but soon moving to her Cosco Scenera as a backup extended RF seat.

cdncasper

I drive a 99 Dodge Caravan. I have built in seats in the middle row and cosco alpha omega elites FF in the back row. They are only used about once a month though.

kanga

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan-2 FF Marathons, 1 RF Roundabout

1999 VW Passat Wagon 1.8T 2 FF Britax Marathons (in case dad needs to pick up dds from school)

I can fit 3 Marathons in a row in the rear bench. I have had 5 marathons in my car before. :eek:

Last edited:

LuvBug

I drive an 03 toyota corolla and mom drives an 06 chrysler Town & Country. DS is in a husky/regent in both cars.
Every now and then I have DNiece with us in a scenera.

smurf

I drive a brand new VW Rabbit (see pic in my sig)
DH drives a 2003 VW Passat wagon.
We can fit 3 across in both cars, yay!
We're thinking an Acura MDX might be our new family car, eventually...

Hey Kanga, looks like I'm not the only VW nut around here!

Last edited:

sirrahn

I drive an '04 8 passenger Sienna. 9 & 7 y/o DS's ride in SR/C's in the 3rd row. 4 y/o DD is ffing in a MA and 2 y/o DD is rfing in a RA or sometimes AOE in the 2nd row.

DH drives an '02 Passat wagon. It usually just has a Cosco Highrise and Evenflo Big Kid in the back for the boys. If one of the girls needs to ride we put in the RA or AOE.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We have a 2007 MazdaSpeed3 (we have the 18" summers on it now, Southpawboston!). It has a RF Marathon behind the passenger seat and a FF Radian behind the Driver's seat.

Our main kid vehicle is a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has a RF Marathon in the 2nd row passenger captains chair and a FF Radian in the 2nd row drivers side captains chair. There is also a Parkway in the 3rd row drivers outboard position as my spare for DS1's friends that come with us unexpectedly.

All my seats are installed with LATCH, except the Parkway, of course.

The lease is up on the van in May '08... I can't wait to get rid of it. We are debating between a new Odyssey or a Mazda CX-7 (maybe the speed version if they have it out by then).

JaRylan

I drive a 2001 Chevy Malibu. Rylan rides forward facing in the centre back in a Sunshine Kids Radian 65 installed with a lapbelt. My car doesn't have UAS anchors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC