Thoughts on the Maestro

Mommy2Marcus

So, I finally got around to play with the Maestro, install it & use it today. I really like the seat. The cover seems like it could have been made a little better or they could have at least made it attach to the seat a little better. Other than that, no complaints so far.

I did not find the harness to be super close to Marcus' neck like I was thinking it would be. It was a little close, but nothing pulling his shirt up did not fix. He is a little over the 2nd slots once installed, so he needed the 3rd slots, but has about 1-1 1/2 inches before reaching them. Sits really close to the seat, so easy for him to climb into. Lots of room in the crotch area. I have it set farther out, but am going to have to move it back in as it is to far out. I am really happy with it.

The install was super easy. I got it installed & ready to go in about 3 minutes. Easy to buckle & unbuckle. Easy adjuster. Just a really nice seat for the price. Also NO head slump in it like with the Nautilus. His slump has improved greatly in the Nauti, but he still has it a little. None in this seat though.

*DISCLAIMER* My son is NOT big enough for this seat in booster mode, I was just testing booster fit for the fun of it. I will not be using this seat as a booster anytime soon.*
I was also SUPER impressed with the booster fit. The lap belt was low on the thighs & the shoulder belt was across his shoulder. I really am impressed. I can see this making a good booster for training in about a year. However Marcus did NOT like it at all. He wanted the harness, not the seat belt. LOL! I have taught my son well.

So, that is my thoughts on the seat. I will be trying to get pictures of him in it in the next few days. I will also take pictures of him in booster mode to show how awsome the booster fit is for littles. For right now I am going to use this seat in my car & put the Nautilus in DH's car.

ADS

Spam

Glad you like it! I like it too, for the price it's pretty awesome imo. The straps rub A's neck, but so do the ones on the fr85. No headslump at all. I have one installed in my mom's van and it is used with A, my 3yr old nephew and my 18 month old niece (no her mom is not into erf at all :( turned her the day she turned one even though I bought her an efta and she could still be rfing with plenty of room :mad: okay vent over) The slots are too technically too high for her, but she rides in it very little. A's also on the third slots but he's about an 1/2" from reaching them.

I wish the cover was a little nicer. The brown fuzzy cover in blue or something would be nice, or the dinosaur cover that's on the chase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC