Aztec and seats locations

Flygirl

I have a 2001 Aztec. We have a Cosco Alpha Omega seat that is going to be bf my younger child. We also have the Safety 1st Apex that will be ff with harness for my other child.

Even though the headrest on the Apex is going to be down all the way at this stage does it need to be in the outside position so that the seat has support of the seatback headrest?

And for the AO in back position would you put it in the centre. So it would be bf with the latch/uas.

Or since the bf seat is safer would you put it in an outside position and then put the ff Apex in the center if it doesn't need the headrest support at this stage?

ADS

Flygirl

The child in the bf Alpha Omega is 22 lbs and is 1 year old. The child in the ff Safety 1st Apex is 38 lbs and is almost 5.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
bf = "back facing" :confused: We use RF for rear-facing :eek:

Anyway ... we ride in my bestfriend's 2001 Aztec every weekend :) I've only used boosters in there, but I tell without a doubt that the Apex will need to be outboard. However, if you can wait a week I'll try to remember to test my Apex in her Aztec for you.

I don't think you'll be able to fit the AO in the center, but it might very well be possible! RF could likely be easier & probably without the base. If it is can only securely/correctly install outboard (because of the Apex) that's fine, too: RF seats are the safest way to ride :D *Hint hin* keep kiddo RF until those maximum limits *wink wink*

Have you looked up your local technicians?

Flygirl

Thanks for the abbrev. explaination :)

I put both seats in this morning and it did look like a pretty tight squeeze with either of them in the middle. I might try it later tonight when I've got more time but I think they will both be on the outer seats. The AO is definitely rf and will be as long as I possibly can.

With the AO rf it is just the LATCH/UAS that I use correct? I have the UAS in as tight as I possbily can get it, but the seat definitely rocks and moves around. I'd like it to be tighter. I'll get my dh to try it tonight, but there isn't anything else I'm supposed to use with it right?

I haven't had them seen by a tech yet. I will make an appt. as soon as I determine if the Apex is the seat I'm going to keep.

Splash

You cannot use UAS in the center of an Aztek.
Belt installs are really easy, thanks to the locking latchplate. Just belt it in and pull pull pull as tight as you can. The lap portion will lock and the shoulder portion will be free, so no tilting. I can fit a Regent and a RF Boulevard side by side in a Aztek, so you should be able to fit the Apex and AO side by side. In that case, if your child's head is below the top of the vehicle seat, I'd put the Apex in the center.

catfeet

ITA with Splash. There aren't LATCH anchors in the center of the Aztek, though there are outboard. The manual forbids center LATCH use.

HTH,
Ann

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC