Free sling from Seven Everyday Slings!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am ALL over the place on their sizing chart. 4 by weight, 1-6 by height, 3 by shoulder-hip measurement, 5-7 by conventional size, 5+ by bust...

Thinking these are NOT made for women shaped like me, lol.

Cryssy Jane

I'm all over the place too :( 2-3 by weight, 1-2 by height, 3 by shoulder, 5 by conventional size, 4-5 by bust... grr otherwise I'd be all about this, but I don't know what size to order.

ETA: notice the models are string beans with little in the boobage department... Shoot I'm not that tiny pre kids...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Call me a cynic but...

Yesterday Shanora (I think) posted about how a sling maker recently shut down because of CPSC cracking down on slings. I have to wonder if this company is in the same situation, so they're giving the slings away (plus shipping) so that when/if there's a recall, they can have people return the slings for a refund, but of course there's nothing to refund since it was free.

That's not to say there's actually anything wrong with these slings. I've never seen them in person, and if I needed one I'd probably order one.

I just can't imagine why else a company would give away a $40 product.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Call me a cynic but...

Yesterday Shanora (I think) posted about how a sling maker recently shut down because of CPSC cracking down on slings. I have to wonder if this company is in the same situation, so they're giving the slings away (plus shipping) so that when/if there's a recall, they can have people return the slings for a refund, but of course there's nothing to refund since it was free.

That's not to say there's actually anything wrong with these slings. I've never seen them in person, and if I needed one I'd probably order one.

I just can't imagine why else a company would give away a $40 product.

:confused: How would that not still cost them money? And have any pouch slings been recalled?

That nursing cover company that does giveaway codes does this. I wonder if it's just to get their name/product out there as a desparate effort to bump sales?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not saying it doesn't cost them money, just wondering if they're trying to dump their stock.

I know there's a nursing cover company that does free ones but I've heard the quality is awful. Bad quality is NOT what I want from a sling. (Again, I'm not suggesting theirs are.)

I don't remember what company Shanora said was forced out of business, but if what she's saying is correct, the industry is worried that CPSC is going to go after ALL sling makers because they can't differentiate between ones that actually pose a danger and ones that don't.

Again, I'm not suggesting the company makes inferior products or is doing anything wrong. In fact, if this IS why they're doing it, it's pretty smart.

crunchierthanthou

this is the same company that did the "free" nursing covers about a year and a half ago. A google search brought up some potentially shady dealings in their past. I did take a chance and order the nursing cover. The quality was mediocre at best. caveat emptor :shrug-shoulders:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
this is the same company that did the "free" nursing covers about a year and a half ago. A google search brought up some potentially shady dealings in their past. I did take a chance and order the nursing cover. The quality was mediocre at best. caveat emptor :shrug-shoulders:

Oh, this is the SAME company? Then no, I wouldn't order a SLING from them based on what I've heard. A nursing cover has no safety repercussions. A sling does.

crunchierthanthou

Oh, this is the SAME company? Then no, I wouldn't order a SLING from them based on what I've heard. A nursing cover has no safety repercussions. A sling does.

yes. As a former customer, I got an email from them about a month ago when they launched the sling deal. I didn't share it because they seem kind of slimy.

BritMum-in-US

I believe that is why Hot Slings have just closed their doors for good. Now that the CPSC have recommended not using slings for babies under 4 months old (because of infant deaths from improper use) it put them out of business.

hsjwmom

It really is too bad about Hotslings. I used a Hotslings from the time dd3 was 3 weeks. It was the ONLY way I got anything done. It would calm her right down when she was fussy. I bought a second one (from a member here :)) when I lost weight and needed to size down. I found their quality to be great.

jheimes

I had ordered the free nursing cover last year and got an email about the free sling. I have not had any luck with slings/baby carriers fitting me in the past. I was between sizes on the chart, but most of my stats were on the size 2 so that is what I ordered. I am 9 mos plus pregnant now, so hard to tell yet if I got the right size. I put it on and it worked great for my 2 yr old on the hip. I paid the extra in order to be able to exchange for a diff size if needed. I have not washed it yet to see how well it holds up, just hope baby comes soon so I can test it, because I only have another week to exchange it for another size left.
I felt the nursing cover from udder covers was thin, but I had a summer baby so that was actually a plus for me last time.

ninejr

It is the same company that does the free nursing covers. I have ordered one of their nursing covers just to use as a template to make my own. I don't need any more slings or wraps because I have some that I bought and I also made my own. Yes their nursing covers a pretty cheaply made, so the only reason I would order a sling from them is if I wanted a template to make my own.
(On a side note the one thing I do love from UdderCovers is their washable nursing pads)

Rosey

I liked my Udder Cover so I got a sling just to have for the diaper bag. I am not really a sling person as I hate things on one shoulder, but this sling is just ok. The seams appear sturdy so I dont think I'm concerned with the safety......well, and I just don't wear it very often and when I do I am usually just standing at the bus stop. The sizing is very off though. The 5 was way too big and the 4 is a little snug.

My post from DS:
I have had multiple requests for pics of my sevensling. So here they are. The model is 16lbs and 5 months old. I am 5'4" and 160-170lbs and wear a 38C.

The sling is a size 4 in autumn blaze. I feel like I am between sizes 4 and 5. It isn't very stretchy and it wrinkles easily, but the colors are vibrant and it is so ligthweight.

Made in China. The black tabs help you spread the material. The hem there is a little curved and thicker.
IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Hip carry (please excuse the spare tire. I forgot to suck in).
IMG_1869.jpg

After wearing it a few minutes it always bunches at my neck.
IMG_1870.jpg

You can see the curved, thick seam he is supposed to sit on.
IMG_1868.jpg

He's really smushed, but here is cradle hold. (yes, he is always this nosy).
IMG_1872-1.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

Mae

How the heck do I know what size to order?! :confused:

ETA: I ordered and did the size exchange insurance thing ... so my total was $15.45. We'll see. Oh, I ordered it in the purple, too. -- The Supernova.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
OT, but Rosey, try spreading the material down over your shoulder, like a cap-sleeve t-shirt. That should help with the bunching and will make it more comfortable.

NVMBR02

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered one. I lost my hotsling and I miss having something that is small enough to throw in my purse/diaper bag to have for quick trips. I probably wont even use it more than 2 times a month if that but I hate getting somewhere and realizing I left my Beco at home. :rolleyes:

Hopefully I it works, otherwise I have paid $12 for stupider things. :eek:

Rosey

OT, but Rosey, try spreading the material down over your shoulder, like a cap-sleeve t-shirt. That should help with the bunching and will make it more comfortable.

I try that but the sling is too snug and not stretchy so it cuts in a bit and really limits my motion. And if I elevate my arm a little it pops right back off. Their sizing is just too off for me I guess cause the 5 was too big.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC