Who wants to help educate people about Car Safety?

mamakc

I need help making a brochure to give to parents!
I'm not positive this is the right forum for this post, so move if necessary!

Backstory: My Uncle has asked me for help with his most current assignment in his Child Health & Safety class. He recently has gone back to school for a career change. He wants to teach preschool! He has decided to make a brochure about car safety. This is intended to be given to parents or care givers to educate them.

He has asked for websites, resources, etc to research the topic and reference in the brochure.

Also, what would you all like to see in such a brochure? What's most important to you?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
ADS

mommy-medic

Replying from phone so it wont let me search, but if you search the forums (top left under title pic) for "USAA booklet/ pamphlet" you should be able to find treads/links to one of the best handouts around, IMO.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Suggest a section on booster training and how to determine if a child is ready to ride in a booster safely. Before I came here I had never heard of such a thing and I don't think anyone around here has either. Everyone I know that boosters their kid just took them out of the harness one day and put them in to a booster. I don't even know if the kids were instructed on the importance of sitting correctly.

andre149

I agree on the booster training/how to tell if your child is ready for a booster. Also, I've encountered preschool parents who didn't know there were seats to harness a child past 40lb, so something about extended harnessing if your child isn't booster ready would be good too.

MomToEliEm

There are already a lot of handouts available already. Is there a reason why he wants to make his own verses using one already made?

This site has a number of different handouts to choose from:
http://www.carseat.org/Resources/Repro_Mat_Lst.htm#parents

Here are a few other handouts:
Boosters are for big kids handout
Extended Harnessing
Extended Rearfacing
Extended Rearfacing

For distributing to people, I really like the free booklet you can order from USAA (here is the PDF version: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/pdf/544.pdf). It has a lot of proper use/misuse pictures in it which is really handy.
To get it, go to: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/
Select the "Order Publications" link at the top of the form.
Select publication "544 - Installing Child Safety Seats"
You can order up to 100 brochures at a time and they are free.

mamakc

There are already a lot of handouts available already. Is there a reason why he wants to make his own verses using one already made?

because it's an assignment to make his own! lol

Thanks for all the links & ideas. The booster training is a great thing to mention and I've never seen that in an informational brochure before.

mamakc

Could somebody please elaborate on the process of booster training? I've never done it myself.

mamakc

bumping because I'm hoping someone can better explain booster training or provide a good link about it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC