Question Any pics of green or crimson City Mini?

Athena

Thanks for posting! That's so interesting! I feel like I could make that - LOL!

Yes, I agree. I could see that easily being made in one long strap that is not attached to the seat itself, but wraps around the same way and would probably be just as effective. Oh well. Although I am not impressed with the strap, I do like the buggy as a whole.

Yes, the buggy buddy rocks! I have a few of them ;)
We also got the bumper bar, but we got the stroller when DS was 11 mos. THe snack tray sits REALLY high. The bumper bar is adjustable and we just connect sippies and snacktraps with tethers...

Good to know. The one accessory I was considering was the snack tray. I wonder if it would be at a better position on a taller child like my tall 2 year old, but I also wonder how well it would work with this seat given it is not as upright as our old stroller that had a snack tray.

does anyone have any pictures of the city mini and elite with child (toddler) and snack tray? I am debating between the mini and the elite. I have a 2 1/2 year old who is pretty tall for his age, over 38 inches. I am looking for a stroller that he fits in well that will be easy to use on disney trips. I keep reading that the wheels on the elite don't fit through openings, but they don't look any wider than the mini or even a graco quattro which is what we have now.

I would really like to see a child about that height in the Mini with snack tray because my DD is about the same size. I'm hoping someone out there has this. There is at least one thread on here that has pictures of children in the Mini, but I don't think any included the snack tray. Did you see that thread? If not, let me know and I'll search for it later when I have time. I don't know much about the elite other than trying it in a store. It pushed like a dream in the store and seemed really nice. We are talking about the single, right? Here is Baby jogger's specs chart on their site.
http://babyjogger.com/PDFs/Product_Specs.pdf
I see it is 2.5" wider than the mini, but that should fit through any door. Even the 29" doubles are supposed to fit through all business doors.

ADS

poohbr2015

that is what I am wondering, if doubles can fit thru doors and around stores, why does the elite get so many not so great reviews about being used indoors. I am also curious to how the elite compares to the 2011 mini with the improved seat (where it can sit more upright). I can't see any of the strollers in person, so it would be nice to have some sort of comparison on the seat backs. My ds likes to sit more upright and is at least 38 inches tall if not taller. I have seen where it says the snack tray sits high, but my ds likes his tray on his graco so that is something I would want.

Athena

One thing to consider about the Mini is the shorter canopy height. My 4 yo who is probably a little over 42" barely fits under it and that is the one thing I worry about with my tall 2 yo, that she'll outgrow it by height before I'm ready. Also, the seat is better with the support, but it is not what I would call upright. There is still an angle to it. I don't know much about the elite.

flutie128

I don't have a snack tray but here are my elite pictures.

DS 5.5 at the time.
IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

DD 20 months at the time.
IMG_2863.jpg

DS still rides in the stroller without a complaint.

poohbr2015

do you find that the width of the elite is hard to manuever sometimes? I am trying to compare it to what we have now which is a graco quattro.

flutie128

do you find that the width of the elite is hard to manuever sometimes? I am trying to compare it to what we have now which is a graco quattro.

The only time I find it challenging is in a very cramped store but for the most part I have no problems with it. I also have a Mac Techno which I love as well.

poohbr2015

now I know that there was an issue with the city mini and slouching, so they added a board in the 2011's and also the straps to make it slightly more upright.

with the elite, is there a problem with slouching, was the seat back made the same as the mini or is there more support and between the two, do they pretty much sit at the same angle or is one more upright?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC