Would you be okay adding to a seat?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My dd (3 1/2) keeps complaining that her bum hurts. She's RF in an Avenue. Would you be okay adding a disposable diaper under the seat pad to give her a tiny bit more padding? I thought of a diaper since smaller, non-PT kids have that added little bit.

I know not to add anything else but if I just took a single diaper and taped it (opened up) to the seat shell....what do you think?

ADS

glockchick

I don't think a disposable diaper would add any padding. Those things are flat and not squishy at all.

I don't think I'd add anything. I'd be afraid the tape might come loose and it would slide around and interfere with the harness straps or something.

andre149

I think a disposable diaper would just crush/ ball up and be worse feeling. What about something like the pads they sell ("piddle pads?") for potty training. I know it's not ideal, but as long as you didn't have to loosen the harness, etc. it might be something to try. Do you have any other seats that you may be able to try her in? Maybe something with a little more leg room?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
She actually has quite a bit of leg room in the Avenue. She's just so stinkin' skinny, there's no padding on her little bum.
I do have a piddle pad. I can try that and see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Anyone else?

andre149

Another thought... if you have any prefolds laying around that would essentially be the same as a cloth diaper to put one of those under her :)

skylinphoto

Even if she's potty trained you could still have her wear training undies for some extra cushion on her booty. :)

My tiny girl has been PT'd since 18 months and I still put training undies on her sometimes to hold her pants up! lol.

sunnymw

I was going to second a prefold. All else fails, get on a swap board and find 1 infant prefold, should be the perfect size to just lay in the seat. :)

amyd

Get the Sunshine Kids Dry Seat pad. It's quite cushy, has a slot for the crotch buckle and doesn't slide around nearly as much as the Piddle Pad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC