Totally appalled!

amy&girls

And there wasn't anything I could do about it. Today I was picking up my 3yr old from preschool, and out walks this guy with his little girl who is at most 4 (b/c the class is 3 turning 4) but she honestly looked about 3 1/2. He just stuck her in the backseat and closed the door. I was in such shock, trying to figure out what I just saw when he drove off, with his kid STANDING on the floor between the driver and passenger seat talking to him. There were no carseats in the car whatsoever, unless there was a backless booster, but still, he didn't even bother to buckle her into ANYTHING. Just stuck her in there and drove off. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: If I see them again, I will be saying something to them. That poor kid.

ADS

katieskrew

Wow! That is awful! Can you imagine what would happen to that poor girl if they got into even a fender bender? People just don't think!

mommy-medic

I would call the cops- espeially if he is a regular transporter of the child. Also, some states have an 800# you can call and report license plates- they get a lot of info on child safety seats mailed to them, as well as notification that they were reported. :thumbsup:

TiaxMarie

I would call the cops- espeially if he is a regular transporter of the child. Also, some states have an 800# you can call and report license plates- they get a lot of info on child safety seats mailed to them, as well as notification that they were reported. :thumbsup:

Where would this info be if my state had something like that?

I see stuff like that daily, Fionas preschool class last year was all in boosters, some left standing up with parents yelling at them to sit down.. (and I am the freak that won't let my kid ride the van on feild trips in a backless with lap belt only)

I call the cops a lot honestly.. I saw worse recently, the parents threw a 5 month old in the back seat and drove off, the kid could hardly sit unassisted and she was bobbling all over the back seat.. the cops were called fast

amy&girls

if I can figure out what the kids name is, I will definitely be saying something to the teachers. In the meantime, I'll keep watching for them. It may have just been the case of desperation and dad picked up, but who knows. If I see it again, I'll definitely say something to them about the importance of carseats and also call the police. :(

jsmom

All of DDs classmates that I have seen ride in backless boosters. Just about all of them are smaller than she is too :( Nothing at all though, I would def look out for him and notify the teachers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC