Peg Perego base broke

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I sold my Peg Perego infant seat to a friend several months ago. She emailed me this morning to tell me that the base broke yesterday. This is what she sent me.

The bottom part of the base fell off, and the part that raises & lowers the seat broke.

I'm waiting on pics now. I've never dealt with anything like this, and I need to know what the procedure is for handling a problem. Anyone had this happen before with the Peg base?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I haven't. I have accidentally done it with a snugride, and just put it back on. Don't see it being that easy with a peg.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Trying to get more pics, but this is what she sent me so far.

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would be calling peg. I had a peg base once that was broken on the corner. They sent a new one.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It is actually pretty easy to break the Peg recline mechanism by turning the knob too far. It's user error for the most part, but if you call, Peg will still send out a new base. Peg has truly awesome CS.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
It is actually pretty easy to break the Peg recline mechanism by turning the knob too far. It's user error for the most part, but if you call, Peg will still send out a new base. Peg has truly awesome CS.

The whole bottom of the base came off. And there is a small plastic piece (pictured above) that came out of it when she lifted up the base. She can't tell where it came from though. I gave her Peg's number and told her to call them. I also asked her to bring me the base so I can take a look at it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Call Peg. I had a family come in who apparently BOUGHT their Peg that way. :eek:

Baby was 9 months old. Had been riding so upright from birth that mom said she rode between the 2 kids' seats (in a lap only belt *wince*) on the way home from the hospital to hold baby's head up! I went to show them how to adjust recline-- it was far more upright than 30 even!-- and the mechanism which they DID NOT KNOW WAS THERE was broken. So, they had never touched it, and it was non-functional.

We used a pool noodle in the mean time and I advised them to call Peg. I believe their base was replaced.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Peg said without a receipt, they will not replace the base. They want $75 for a new base. I asked her if she told them she was going to file a complaint with NHTSA...I'm waiting to hear back (and looking for a receipt). That's rediculous that this is happening, even if it is user error. It shouldn't be able to be user error. That is a design flaw.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've seen this before, more than once actually. Yeah, it's a crappy design - but you try and force anything in a way it's not supposed to go you're going to break it. There's nothing wrong with it if you don't try and turn the knob the wrong direction...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC