WOOT! Meastro is HERE!!!!

Mommy2Marcus

So...I came home from my moms tonight to find my Meastro sitting on my porch! I got it & everything else into the house (like an entire winter wardrobe for Marcus from the Thrift stores!). I then opened it. It is super nice! I am stoked to try Marcus in it & get it installed.

It also has an AWSOME freakin DOM. Like 9-27-10!! :cool!: It is literly 2 days old. What an awsome DOM! So I will get full use of it. YAY!!!! I will be back with pictures in the next cople of days. I have to charge my camera & get the time to play. I am think Saturday b/c I will be gone before work running errands the next 2 days.

ADS

MomToEliEm

What is the stamped expiration date on your seat? In some earlier threads, it seems that some are stamped with 8 year expiration while others are only 6 years, even though the manual indicates 8 years.

I am curious to hear what the expiration date stamp on a brand new seat says.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Re: WOOT! Maestro is HERE!!!!

Congrats! I'm also curious to see what the expiration is for your Maestro (not Meastro ;)).

Mommy2Marcus

What is the stamped expiration date on your seat? In some earlier threads, it seems that some are stamped with 8 year expiration while others are only 6 years, even though the manual indicates 8 years.

I am curious to hear what the expiration date stamp on a brand new seat says.

Congrats! I'm also curious to see what the expiration is for your Maestro (not Meastro ;)).

It is 6 years minus 2 days. It's DOM is 9-27-10, it's expiration is stamped as 9-25-16. Can someone point me in the direction as to what page the manual says it has an 8 year expiration? I have glanced through it, but not read it all the way through.

Spam

It is 6 years minus 2 days. It's DOM is 9-27-10, it's expiration is stamped as 9-25-16. Can someone point me in the direction as to what page the manual says it has an 8 year expiration? I have glanced through it, but not read it all the way through.

My manual on page 38 states
To prevent injury due to hidden damage, lost instructions, outdated technology, etc., discontinue use of this restraint after eight years, or if it has been involved in a crash.

My seat is also stamped with a 8 year expire. I don't remember when I bought it, I think mid-late spring. My manual is dated 11/09

Mommy2Marcus

My manual on page 38 states
To prevent injury due to hidden damage, lost instructions, outdated technology, etc., discontinue use of this restraint after eight years, or if it has been involved in a crash.

My seat is also stamped with a 8 year expire. I don't remember when I bought it, I think mid-late spring. My manual is dated 11/09

Yes, it does say that on page 38. I read that page all the way through, but I somehow missed that part. I am going to call Evenflo in the morning & see what they say about this. That & the fact that it is missing 2 days on the time is weird to me. Why does it say 8 years in the manual & say 6 on my seat?

It is pure crazyness if you ask me. I think Evenflo needs to get better on their date stamps. I know they have had issues in the past.

MomToEliEm

That & the fact that it is missing 2 days on the time is weird to me.

Those 2 days are probably due to leap year. They probably utilize a 365 days per year system when calculating the full year, and those two leap days subtract 2 days from the full expiration.

Let us know what you learn from evenflo regarding the 6 year stamped expiration verses the manual's 8 year expiration.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC