Gavin in the MA70 and RNXTSL

zactayaus

We had to go to BRU this morning for a shower gift so I figured we'd play a little while we were there.

Gavin was so excited to try out the MA70. I mean really. He ran right over to it and sat down for me to buckle him up. He didn't even want me to take him out.:p I convinced him to try the RN next but he was not thrilled and wanted out right away. I then tried to get him in the CA but all he wanted to do was get back in the MA. He started screaming and thus our car seat play date ended.:(

The MA70's adjuster is to die for! Sooooo smooth! The RN has got to be the heaviest car seat ever made. That thing weighed a ton! And just for the record I hated the adjuster on that seat. It sucked.:(

Here are the couple pics I snapped while there:
(17mo, 24lbs, 33")
100_1426.jpg
100_1427.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Your BRU has the Radian?! Is that going to happen nationwide?

It'd be interesting to see the difference in heights when actually installed. Glad he loves the MA70, though. :)

I don't find the Radian adjuster to be too different from the old MA's. I go back and forth between loving a ratcheting adjuster (impossible to overtighten) and a smooth pull (just one motion).

Wendy

ctbcleveland

You would love the radian once you get it home and are used to it. I mean seriously - look at all that headroom + legroom. It is one of the few seats that I can say might actually still fit Gavin at 3 (RF)!

No - Russ hasn't given me a job a SKJP to promote his products - I just happen to own 3 radians because I think very highly of the product.

zactayaus

Yes, I was shocked to see the RN at BRU too. I'm not sure if they'll all be carrying it or not, but mine had them displayed with plenty of back stock so it wasn't an online return or anything. You can actually see the back stock behind him in the pics.

And yes I will probably inevitably end up with one because of Gavin's ginormous torso.:eek:

ETA: They also had the Safe Guard Go by Safety First (I think that's what it's called). I didn't play with it though, just looked.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I will be on the lookout for the Radian next time I am at BRU. I would really like to play with one. Totally OT, your LO is precious. I love his shoes!

zactayaus

Speaking as another mom of a child with a ginormous torso, the Complete Air has a taller shell and taller top slots than the Radian :whistle:

Really! This I did not know. I guess next time we go to BRU the CA will be our first seat we try out.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Really! This I did not know. I guess next time we go to BRU the CA will be our first seat we try out.

Yes :) DD1 has outgrown the Radian by height RF and is about 1/2" below the top slots, but in the CA has about 3" above her head and about 1.5" of strap height.

monstah

What BRU were you at??! I want to see a GO!

And OMG, how cute is he longing for the Marathon in your pictures. :ROTFLMAO: He is beyond words. :love:

zactayaus

What BRU were you at??! I want to see a GO!

And OMG, how cute is he longing for the Marathon in your pictures. :ROTFLMAO: He is beyond words. :love:

It was the Cherry Hill BRU. The only color they had was tan and they had them over by the clearance section but they were not marked down. I believe the price on them was $199 but I could be wrong.

lorinick

It was the Cherry Hill BRU. The only color they had was tan and they had them over by the clearance section but they were not marked down. I believe the price on them was $199 but I could be wrong.

BRU in Cherry Hill stocks many different items than most store's. It's a test store and high end store. That store does stock the Radian all the time. It was near the clearance when I was there yesterday. It sits right near the Britax MA70 and it cost 279.

firemomof3

Great pics! Gavin looks so good in the Radian though :p The harness adjustor on the Radian is really not that bad, you'd get used to it.
Oh and by the way, I love :love: his shoes! Where did you get them?

zactayaus

Great pics! Gavin looks so good in the Radian though :p The harness adjustor on the Radian is really not that bad, you'd get used to it.
Oh and by the way, I love :love: his shoes! Where did you get them?

Thanks. I love the shoes too.:love: They are his second pair. They are from the converse all star animal collection (although they are sharks). I don't know if you can tell in the pics but the do have fins on the side of them.:cool: They do run a size big. Gavin is in a size 5 right now and he is wearing a size 4 in these with room to grow. I got his first pair at Famous Footwear and his second pair online at converse.com. They also had clown fish, puppies, sheep, cows, pigs, and green monsters.

essnce629

And yes I will probably inevitably end up with one because of Gavin's ginormous torso.:eek:

Don't forget about the TF either. DS2 is a month younger than your DS, but is similar in size (22lbs, 32 1/4", and a long torso). He fits the same way in the new Britax seats as your DS. The only seats I considered for him were the TFP, CA, and Radian. At the time, my average sized 6 1/2 year old DS1, still fit in all three of those seat with his shoulders just at or a smidge below the top slots. We ended up with the TFP and DS2 has about 7 inches above his head rf'ing. When I tried him in the BV70 he had only 3 inches to the top of the shell!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC