So... no one knows or owns a Regent in or near Evergreen Park, IL but me...???

lvmchld

I have a Britax Regent and would love to have its installation checked by a tech who is familiar with the long belt path. Or, at least compare it with someone else in my area who installed it this way...
Anyone, please?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm not -- but what vehicle year/make/model :confused: Also, there's a link in my signature to find local techs....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have a Britax Regent and would love to have its installation checked by a tech who is familiar with the long belt path. Or, at least compare it with someone else in my area who installed it this way...
Anyone, please?

None of the people who responded to you are close enough??? Illinois is bigger than it looks, lol.

www.seatcheck.net is IL based, have you tried it?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I hope to be in Bolingbrook next Saturday for an event at fire station #4 from noon-3pm. If I am not, there will be a few excellent instructors available if you have any issues.

Closer to you, I can recommend Ken Lynch or Warren Sekula of the Orland Park PD.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I hope to be in Bolingbrook next Saturday for an event at fire station #4 from noon-3pm. If I am not, there will be a few excellent instructors available if you have any issues.

Closer to you, I can recommend Ken Lynch or Warren Sekula of the Orland Park PD.

Awww maaaann, if i knew someone from here was going to be at the seat check in bolingbrook, i would have signed up! I don't know any techs around here (except police officers) so i don't really participate in seat checks!

Where do you live Darren? You have to live by me to know about techs in orland!

And to not steal the thread- i've been PMing you back and forth for a week now, you are absolutely more than welcome to come visit me and i'd be happy to look at your seat. Obviously I know my regents because I have one and there will be another on the way ;)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Awww maaaann, if i knew someone from here was going to be at the seat check in bolingbrook, i would have signed up! I don't know any techs around here (except police officers) so i don't really participate in seat checks!

Don't let the fact that it's mostly police officers prevent you from volunteering at checks. I did a few in your area with them when I still lived in Chicago and they were great to work with.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

And to not steal the thread- i've been PMing you back and forth for a week now, you are absolutely more than welcome to come visit me and i'd be happy to look at your seat. Obviously I know my regents because I have one and there will be another on the way ;)

I don't think you need to sign up for Bolingbrook, first come first serve.

I'm in Naperville, but I know various area instructors from events and classes and staffing information booths.

www.seatcheck.net/services.html

lvmchld

papooses: 1993 Toyota Corolla. Thank you for the link :), but it doesn't tell me if they know Regent and long belt path method.

joolsplus3: in the first thread I started, someone else asked for a tech on the North side (which is ok! :) ), and since then, there were several recommendations posted on the North side, all of them very far from me... :(
So, I started another thread.
Yes, of course, I tried all the websites, with hundreds of names, and that's how I found a person who asked me "how I did it" (!) (the long belt path method), which was, to say the least, a little frustruating... :( It's my child's life at stake here!!! The tech better know the method well, or it's a waste of my time. (And I'm sure they're wonderful with all the other car seats.) That's why I'm asking for specific NAMES of people who definitely KNOW Regent (not such a popular car seat) and the long belt path method (very different from all the other methods).

CPSDarren: Thank you very much for the two names. :) Where in Bolingbrook, please? I MIGHT be able to come.

MissMommy928: I really appreciate your time and your explanations, and I'm sure I'll see you, sooner or later. :) Was just curious if there's someone else "ON MY BLOCK", if you KWIM... I'm sure you know Regent well. :)

I"M STILL HOPING FOR MORE NAMES
PLEASE
THANK YOU
:)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The problem is that it's almost impossible to name people who have significant experience with particular seats and/or specific vehicles. The two I mentioned in Orland Park are very experienced instructors. Ken Lynch is probably one of the most experienced instructors in the state, if not the nation. If one of them is unable to get a good installation, I'm not sure that I or anyone else would be able to do any better.

An updated event list is here:

http://www.seatcheck.net/seatcheck.html

A list of fitting stations is here:

http://www.seatcheck.net/dupagecss.doc

Unfortunately, it's looking like I may not be at the Bolingbrook event as I have some other activities that day. Tom McQueen and the other senior checkers and instructors at the event are all excellent. If you have a question that one of the techs doing installations can't answer, just ask for a checker or instructor.

lvmchld

CPSDarren: Thank you very much for your answer, especially for the names! :) It really helped. And, of course, I'll refer to the links again. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC