Honda Civic ??

mominabigtruck

I've been searching on info on what seats are good for a civic and am not having alot of luck other then 3 across threads. I just need to get one seat rfing in the middle but I'm very limited on what seats I can try. It needs to be a rfing budget seat and so far I've tried the uptown and am not thrilled and she has a scenera but it was broke so she has to take it back so I haven't been able to try it yet.

ADS

Pixels

I have a 2002 Civic, and haven't had a problem installing much. I've done most of the seats I own in every possible configuration. I own BabyTrend, ComfortSport, Avenue, TrueFit, Radian. I haven't played with the Avenue much, only installed that RFing outboard LATCH. The ComfortSport I don't think I've tried FFing at all. But everything else, I've done.

amyd

I have an 04 which is in the 01-05 generation. Basically any seat will fit. I haven't met a seat I couldn't install well in my car. Probably my top pick for a lower cost RFing seat would be a True Fit.

sunnymw

I haven't had any issues installing in GMIL's 07 Civic... BUT I've never tried anything in the center. Outboard is great, although the inner-most LATCH connectors in her car are nearly impossible to get to b/c there is a hard plastic piece above them. Push-button ones work a little better.

I have pics if that'd help. I've installed a TF, Uptown, Scenera, Comfortsport (NOT good for infant angle), Radian, and BV.

mominabigtruck

Ok, I checked with her and it's an 04. The issue is that they're both very tall and so the front seats are pushed back almost all the way. With just a towel and I can barely wedge it into the middle and that's with it being pretty upright. I couldn't get it at all outboard. And the middle is kinda humpy so since there's no base on either of the seats she has it has a tendancy to tilt to one side or the other.

And plus now she's talking about moving it back and forth between her and her exdhs car. When I went to take out her infant base it just pulled across the seat with the seatbelt so I have absolutely no confidence in her ability to install with a bunch of pool noodles.

I know she needs something on the higher end money wise to make it an easier install but she has no money so it's her mom buying so....

amyd

Honestly, I don't know what's going to go in there with the seats pushed back all the way. They may need to give a bit on that, at least on the passenger side. How tall are they? DH & I are both 5'10" and can both drive comfortably with a True Fit RFing behind us, but not with the Radian. It's on the passenger side with enough room in front, but not tons. A Radian fits well in the center with the seatbelt, but that's probably way over budget. What about a Classic Marathon? Maybe one can be found on clearance somewhere. They fit well and the lockoffs will help with the install.

we had two old-style Roundabouts rear facing behind the driver and passenger seats in our '97 Civic and DH could still push the driver's seat all the way back. IIRC if an RA fits, an MA would also, maybe albee baby has some on sale now?

Pixels

I just put my Avenue RFing center and moved the seats back all the way. The Avenue is about 30 degrees, but it's in there. Stack of two noodles, other than that nothing special. Just locked the belt at the retractor.

If they are going to be moving the seat often and can't handle a noodle install, they are going to have to spend more money. Either get a different seat that is easier to install, or a second seat so they don't have to move it.

I don't have time right now, but I can get pics tomorrow as well as put my TF in there.

glockchick

I've got an old style MA rear facing in mine and the seat is 2 clicks away from being all the way back. The install is super easy with LATCH. My car is an 01. HTH!

amyd

Here's the True Fit in an 04. Seat's not completely back, but almost.

IMG_0501.jpg

mominabigtruck

Ok she wants the scenera in there instead of the uptown and defintely in the middle. Someone tell me that it's going to fit:crying: I've got an AOE that I could lend to her if that would fit better with the base but other then that I don't know what to do. She returned the broke scenera yesterday and she tried to talk to her mom into springing for a efta or a mr65 but it was a no go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC