Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Put the BLVD in dh's 2004 Envoy or my 2001 Civic?

I will be forward facing.

I'm hesitant to put it in the Civic because of the Transport Canada tests, but then again, it's a completely different body style than the Civic it was tested in and it's a BLVD and not a MA so the harness guide is different.

Not putting it in either is not an option. I'm trying not to spend more money on seats if I don't need to.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Put the BLVD in dh's 2004 Envoy or my 2001 Civic?

Which car gets better crash scores and what is the other seat that will be used? I'd put the "safest" seat in the least safe car. I know they all pass the same testing, but if you have a feeling that one is safer than another or one has headwings and one doesn't or something.

Re: Put the BLVD in dh's 2004 Envoy or my 2001 Civic?

I don't know, but there are a lot of trucks here so I'd think it'd be better in dh's suv. It's not likely we'll be hitting a wall (like in the ratings) if we're in a wreck. Neither dh nor I have had any at fault accidents except for the time the person in front of dh starting going and then slammed on his brakes and dh rear ended him before he could stop, and even then the impact was minimal.

It's either the BLVD or the GN for Kaleigh. She'll be in one in my car and the other in dh's. I'd planned to put the GN in my car, but I'm second guessing myself.
    Shanna - Paramedic & Mom
    Trenton (19), Michael (17), Gabriel (15), Miss Abigail (12), Kaleigh (10), and Caleb (8) - Evenflo booster

They just don't make em like they used to.