Votes: 12 60.0%
  • MA 70

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • make do with what you have - don't buy anymore

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

autumnlily

for 2.5 yo
(no other seat recommendations needed... they are already in the line up)

If you could get them for the same price - which would you get? Any comments on head wings?

ADS
not sure how helpful this is as I haven't found a need or urge to grab a new Britax (at least not yet) but even if they were the same price I'd go with the MA because I find headwings a nuisance...plus they seem to make my sister car sick. I'm pretty sure that the MA's last longer too because the BLVD's straps don't go as high. Not sure if that's true for the new ones or not though.

msg221

I love my new MA70 and Nour seems to be pretty happy in it as well. It definitely will live up to that mantra about a seat that fits the child, the vehicle and one that will be used correctly every time!

Nour has lots of growing room left in it, it takes literally seconds to install in my vehicle (it has the best LATCH connectors that tighten up sooo easily!), and it is so easy to use as far as getting the harness adjusted snug and with one easy pull on the adjuster strap.

I had the older BLVD model and I really don't miss the headwings on the MA70.

glockchick

It would depend on whether or not I planned to use the seat ffing. I hate the wings for rf-ing but love them for ffing. So if I was ever going to use the seat ffing, I'd get the BLVD.

ZephyrBlue

Loving the headwings on the BV70 for my 1yo. They don't push her head forward at all (and we had issues with both the original BV and the redesigned head wing version of the old BVs, too) and they don't seem like they'll restrict her vision FF, either.

autumnlily

I love my new MA70 and Nour seems to be pretty happy in it as well. It definitely will live up to that mantra about a seat that fits the child, the vehicle and one that will be used correctly every time!

Nour has lots of growing room left in it, it takes literally seconds to install in my vehicle (it has the best LATCH connectors that tighten up sooo easily!), and it is so easy to use as far as getting the harness adjusted snug and with one easy pull on the adjuster strap.

I had the older BLVD model and I really don't miss the headwings on the MA70.

Thank you! I love that we don't have to re-route the LATCH connectors anymore on the new generation!

If it's the same price, I'd get the BLVD70.

This is what I'm thinking - but, other than the Frontier we have never been a 'no' head wing family. I'm thinking though - if I do go with head wings... it will better prep them for a snug high back booster :rolleyes:

It would depend on whether or not I planned to use the seat ffing. I hate the wings for rf-ing but love them for ffing. So if I was ever going to use the seat ffing, I'd get the BLVD.

Good point. I was looking back at test pictures of DD2 RF in the BV70 (from a few weeks ago and she does look more squished rear facing in it). Looks great FF - but I had the setting at it's highest... not sure what it would have been like if I had moved them to the proper spot. We are looking for at least another 6 months RF and then mainly FF...

Loving the headwings on the BV70 for my 1yo. They don't push her head forward at all (and we had issues with both the original BV and the redesigned head wing version of the old BVs, too) and they don't seem like they'll restrict her vision FF, either.

Does she seem "squished" down at all? I'm so used to seeing my girls in roomy seats (Marathon, Roundabout, Radian, Frontier and a few 'enclosed' seats - Nautilus and Coccoro)... it's good to hear you are not noticing the head push - that is encouraging.

I really want a MA70 but am worried about the height issue. Going for 2 matching seats.

Thankfully, I make short kids with fairly tiny torso's. I'm definitely on board for matching seats (at least make/model) - I'm so tired of my hodge-podge!

autumnlily

not sure how helpful this is as I haven't found a need or urge to grab a new Britax (at least not yet) but even if they were the same price I'd go with the MA because I find headwings a nuisance...plus they seem to make my sister car sick. I'm pretty sure that the MA's last longer too because the BLVD's straps don't go as high. Not sure if that's true for the new ones or not though.

I remember hearing that the harness height was compromised in the old version too. I haven't heard that about the new one - but I'd better take a peek! :)

Chila88

[QUOTE and it is so easy to use as far as getting the harness adjusted snug and with one easy pull on the adjuster strap. QUOTE]

Ooohhhhh you're killing me!!! I just passed our BV down to DD2 and so have turned it rf again....I had totally forgotten how much the harness SUCKS rf!!! Like awful! tug, pull, yank, tug, pull, grab straps from behind, tug, pull. (dd is screaming by now) tug, pull, yank. repeat. Every flippin time. Argh.

Trying sooooo hard to find a way to justify buying a new one.....

Chila88

I adore my Marathon 70! Seriously, the harness adjuster alone is worth the price.

Really????? Its that good? They've fixed the problem 100%? Is it 1 fluid motion/pull now?

Oh no this is going to be bad! :eek: Not sure how I'll ever talk DH into another new seat......

Lilsid

I went back and forth about getting the BLVD 70 or the MA 70. I chose the BLVD 70 It came in cowmooflage and DS liked the head wings. He is 3 yrs old and FF because of car sick issues. I like how deep the seat is and how snugged in to he is.

From the side you can only see his legs
DSCF5812.jpg

He sleeps just fine in it too.
DSCF5813.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC