So much for Made in the USA anymore

msg221

I was just breaking down the box that my MA70 came in so I could put it in the recycle bin for pick up today and noticed that the seat was made in Mexico! I thought all of the Britax seats were made in the USA. I remember the previous model BLVD's I had were. I wonder if all of them are being made there now. Too bad if they are. It would have been nice to actually have SOMETHING made right here in the USA!

ADS

skylinphoto

Yeah. They manufacture them in the usa but their parts are made in other countries. Boo.

I think the Cosco CA is made in the usa...could be wrong though..

It sucks that its hard to find things that are made in our country..

aeormsby

I thought the Myride was made in the US also. And that the Frontier was already made overseas. Completely going from memory though.

christineka

I'm pretty sure that the chaperone and parkway sg are made in China.
Recaro has moved the vivo to being made in China.
The myride and complete air are made in the US.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I was just breaking down the box that my MA70 came in so I could put it in the recycle bin for pick up today and noticed that the seat was made in Mexico!

The Marathon 70 and all their convertibles are still made in Charlotte, NC. The Frontier is also made there.

The sticker you saw applies to the cover. Many of their covers are made internationally and I believe there is a requirement to attach a label for them on the box.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

That is correct. It's hard to find an infant seat made in the USA these days. It's too bad, because I suspect that controls over quality and materials are a lot less strict than for products made at in-house manufacturing facilities owned by the company itself. There's not only the issue of jobs being lost to countries with nearly free labor to consider. There are also the issues of lax labor protoctions, minimal environmental protections, loss of industrial technologies and concerns of overall quality to consider as well. How many recalls of goods do we see from China and elsewhere due to toxicity or some other related issue? You have to wonder when the next big recall of this type will strike a child safety seat. Some companies do a much better job of oversight than others, of course, but we have no way to verify that sort of thing.

As a side note, I'm much happier to see products made in Mexico than in the Far East. After all, they are a NAFTA free trade partner and the conditions and wages there are a lot better than in many areas of Asia from what I understand. Plus, as a neighbor, we have a lot more to benefit from improving the manufacturing sector in Mexico.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

According to Recaro the Vivo was always made in China, or at least has been for a while.

The other Recaro current seats (all the PRO line seats) are made in the US though.

I'm pretty sure the Orbit seats are made in the US too.

gigi

EFTA and Maestro and I believe EFT65 and Momentum are made in the US.

I'm SO glad to know the ProBooster is made in the US, as I think that will be the best fit for my son in a couple of years.

msg221

The Marathon 70 and all their convertibles are still made in Charlotte, NC. The Frontier is also made there.

The sticker you saw applies to the cover. Many of their covers are made internationally and I believe there is a requirement to attach a label for them on the box.

Well, this is nice to know then. At least the seat itself is made in the U.S.

The myride and complete air are made in the US.

I believe the True Fit is also made in China.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC