RA 55 crotch strap any longer than the 50?

fyrfightermomma

J already has a RA50 in DH's car. He fits fine except with his chunk the crotch strap is unbelievably short. It barely comes out from under him and buckling is horrible. With his chunk and a cloth dipe it barely fits

Is the RA55 any longer or have any other crotch strap positions? I know he'll slim out eventually but he's gonna get even bigger before that happens. I was gonna just get another 50 but if I can't even buckle the thing it's not worth it.

ADS

tracee877

I have the MA70, but tried him in the RA55 before deciding which to get, and the strap is quite a bit longer than the old Britax's. The new seats have 2 crotch positions. My DS is still using the inner most one since the outer one is pretty far away still.

cpsaddict

Oh yes, the new Britaxes all have longer crotch straps. It's one of things I love about my MA70. Now, if the RA55 came in Cowmoo, it would be in my car tomorrow. LOL!

fyrfightermomma

Oh yes, the new Britaxes all have longer crotch straps. It's one of things I love about my MA70. Now, if the RA55 came in Cowmoo, it would be in my car tomorrow. LOL!

Thanks! And I take it the RA55 is pretty much the same as the MA70 right? I mean crotch strap wise that is

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, same. I keep being amazed that the new Britaxes, you can flip the crotch strap up towards the front of the seat, and it STAYS that way, doesn't flop back down like the old ones. Not sure if it stays that way while you load a kid into it, but the difference is still astounding when the seats are empty (I'm easily amazed and astounded, obviously, lol).

fyrfightermomma

Yeah, same. I keep being amazed that the new Britaxes, you can flip the crotch strap up towards the front of the seat, and it STAYS that way, doesn't flop back down like the old ones. Not sure if it stays that way while you load a kid into it, but the difference is still astounding when the seats are empty (I'm easily amazed and astounded, obviously, lol).

That's the exact reason I loved our YS and love our Pro Sport. The crotch strap is always laying forward, away from the kid and it never slides back when they get in. It's just always right there. I love it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC