A dad gave me a hug after doing his seats

icnee

This was the most eventfull check I have done.

this was in an SUV cant remember what kind.

We are fighting with a RA50 RFing so I decided to get rough and use a locking clip. Seat was going behind the driver I was the SUV and worned the dad that I was about to put my foot in his face, cause I needed to swing my leg around to put my knee in the seat (not realizing how much higher up I was) he said ok so I went for it and OMG my Butt was in his face.

Now we couldnt do any thing we were laughing so hard.

Then when we calmed down I did the seat. Got it all squared away and It was time for the SR35 to go in the center. I do it to show the dad then he hops in to do it now Im pinned so there is plenty of room for me to go through the front seats so I do never saw the coffee cup.

I was stunned then I hear OH my Ipod and the dad is flying he grabs that I grab the phone and we are trying to get the coffee off. Another Tech brings over a roll of paper towels and some wipes so I help the mom clean it.

I really thought after that they would finnally be ticked at me but they laughed. And when all was done the dad gave me a hug and said thank you.

This family has got a memory to last a life time.

What funny things have happend to you.

This was definatly better than when a dad grabed my butt instead of his wifes.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Haha that is funny...I am glad they were so cool. I love getting cool families.

I had a dad come in once in his new Sienna with three Britax seats (2 Regents and a Ma) so it took a little while to do all the seats. He was totally cool and nice until I said "I am going to stick this through that hole and you pull it out on the other end"...or something similar because we were doing a three across. Then he "don't you think we should shut the doors before get dirty...good thing the windows are tinted". Ugh yeah very uncomfortable.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I thought Britax didn't allow use of locking clips on their seats with lock-offs? I haven't installed one of the newer ones, though. Educate me! :D

My funny: me and a male tech teaching a Dad how to install with a locking clip. All three of us wound up crammed into the back of the van - me and male tech in the 2nd row, Dad in the 3rd row looking over the top. Mom was herding the kids and when she walked by she commented that if she didn't already know what we were doing in there, she'd have been concerned what with all the grunting, muffled swearing, and rocking of the van! (I later pointed out my license plate holder to her: "I do my best work in your back seat!") Ah, fun times.

icnee

I forgot News 10 was there and they were at that SUV but I hope they didnt go by when my butt was there,lol.:ROTFLMAO:

sunnymw

any more funnies.

I had a pregnant mom fart in my face once.

:ROTFLMAO:

Priceless.

I've had the most uneventful checks ever. The SK certified officer and friend that had never seen a Radian before did a quick check of it. He'd just had an appendectomy and wasn't really up for the heavy hauling of a RN, plus he'd already heard from the other officer that I was among the 2% :love:

TerisBoys

I think the only awkward moment(s) was when I was installing a seat and heard a "rip" and wasn't sure exactly which seam on my jeans had given way - luckily it was the fabric at the knee.

The same thing happened the next year, too. I learned then to stop wearing my favorite, well-loved jeans to checks.

emtb79

Only thing that happened funny to me, I was in a suv and went to put my foot back on runners on the side of the vehicle only they werent there. I fell out of the suv backwards but I caught the sholulder portion of the passenger side seatbelt, all I could say is thank goodness for the ELR mechanism. I didnt end up falling to the ground.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I flashed a mom once. My top was really stretchy and the neckline got caught on my watch as I put weight down into a seat.

"next, you lean your weight into the seat where the babies bottom would go...then, you put your top back on and try again"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC