Don't think there is much room left here.

HEVY

DD rode in the TB today, highest height. It's slightly leaning, the belt is in the higher side. The lapbelt is on snug, but couldn't get it lower on her hips, this seat fits my friends small 5yr old much better.
Photo0324.jpg

Photo0325.jpg

Photo0326.jpg

Photo0327.jpg

ADS

TXAggieTech

Wow, I can't believe she has gotten so big! DS isn't growing as much, he still fits in the Marathon. Last week when we flew he could have been in the second from top slots since the seat was so upright on the plane. I'm going to have to tell him he needs to catch up with R!

HEVY

I can't believe she's that big, she doesn't look that big. I can't believe she basically outgrown it and hasn't really used it.

babyherder

I tried a 10 yr old in a backless TB and didn't really like the lap belt fit. It on her legs but she seemed squished and it was hard to pull the belt tight. It seemed stuck between her legs and the armrests.

scatterbunny

My two cents: she still has quite awhile left in the TB. When she puts her arms up and over the torso wings, naturally her shoulders raise up a couple of inches, and makes it look like she's near outgrowing it. When she sits with her arms at her sides, she has a lot of room left. How is she fitting her Regent? My dd outgrew the Regent by height before she outgrew the Turbo by height.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My daughter's about the same size (50.5" and 62# as of yesterday) and she fits similarly in the Turbo. She complains that she feels squished. As a tech, I consider it an acceptable fit. As a mama, I'm glad that I have other boosters.

HEVY

It's an acceptable fit, I just expected it to last a long time, or rather I didn't expect her second time using it to be on the top slot :rolleyes: But I'm not really liking the lapbelt, it should be lower, right?

She still fits in the Regent, but it's on the top slot and she's close to it, SBP recline bar, but the pre advisory she fits better, top slot but she is just over the second to top, LBP no recline, used more, older, foam a bit condensed. She's about even with he FR85's second from top.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Can't those extra pads in the head and back be removed? And are the armrests in the lower or higher slots?
I can't believe she looks so snug in it, either. Wouldn't it be nice if they were allowed to give 'suggested' weights and heights? Some boosters are so clearly suited to bigger (Frontier, for example) or smaller kids (Turbo, Vivo), yet they all have these huge weight ranges listed :/.

HEVY

She's not uncomfortable with the snugness. The arm rests are on the top slot, I couldn't even use it in the lower one. Yeah, I think the TB is geared for little kids, or really, really skinny ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC