How do you lend friendly advice??

swirvnrn

I was wondering what everyone does when they see someone else's child not properly restrained?? I just saw a pic of a friend's child in just a seatbelt with the shoulder harness behind him. Also, I notice other parents don't pull the strap tight enough...
So how do you make a parenting recommendation without stepping on toes or sounding offensive??

ADS

zoecoltsmama

Last night I had insomnia because we are moving today, all night I was obsessing about just this! Why after looking at the links I send my friends, do they not immediately turn their children back around?, why do otherwise very conscious parents drive around with loose car seats and loose belts? I wish I would say more but get afraid of being brushed off as the crazy car seat lady talking about things that are not her business. I think about this a lot as you can tell.

aeormsby

I would probably send a private message/email and start off with 'I've been doing some research lately to pick out a new carseat and learned...' Or 'I just saw a picture of X and noticed ... I saw something recently that said it's safer to do ...' And include some links. Coming off as non-confrontational as possible and not hounding will probably get the most results. And don't get upset if they don't take your advice :(

I sharing the c-s.org info that gets posted on Facebook. And I sometimes post helpful links/articles. I figure hopefully someone will look at them and learn how to keep their LO's safer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC