Pics of CCO installed with seatbelt?

tl01

Anyone have pics of a CCO installed with a seatbelt... preferably with a switchable retractor.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There are several ways to install-- do you want the around the back way, or the not-around-the-back way?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Here are a couple. I can help you when we have our playdate, as long as the kids don't run into traffic or something.

IMGP2444.jpg

IMGP2639.jpg

tl01

Here are a couple. I can help you when we have our playdate, as long as the kids don't run into traffic or something.

IMGP2444.jpg

IMGP2639.jpg

Thanks.. if you do the not around way... the shoulder harness does not go back through the belt path... right?

tl01

Oh, duh, I posted too slow. Um, ok just imagine that, but with the belt not around the back. :D

Okay... I just don't like how it installs unless I route the belt back through the way most seats are. I wonder why it is that way?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Okay... I just don't like how it installs unless I route the belt back through the way most seats are. I wonder why it is that way?

You mean with the shoulder belt under the "arms"? You wouldn't be able to route it around the back that way. And it could cause tipping, whereas this way it shouldn't.

tl01

You mean with the shoulder belt under the "arms"? You wouldn't be able to route it around the back that way. And it could cause tipping, whereas this way it shouldn't.

I know.. but if you don't route it around the back. It just seems harder to get tight that way... at least in the center of my car.

I think I"m just going to put it back outboard with LATCH.

I was going to use it today in the center but didn't want enough time to play with it and get it the way I like it. I got it in nicely the the belt routed back under but alas.. that is the wrong way;).

Maybe the following week we can meet. This week will be tricky for me.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In one car I tried, to get it tight we had to use the lockoff. We couldn't do it with the belt around the back, we couldn't do it with switchable retractor, but with the lockoff and belt not around the back, we could.

tl01

In one car I tried, to get it tight we had to use the lockoff. We couldn't do it with the belt around the back, we couldn't do it with switchable retractor, but with the lockoff and belt not around the back, we could.

I'll give the lockoff a try next time. I would be nice to put the seat in the middle when someone else is riding in the back with the kids.
THanks!

tl01

You still need pics? I just took some.

I guess not. I just wanted to make sure I really couldn't route the belt back through the seat. You can post anyway if you like. Can never have enough CCO pics.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Judi - I can see that you don't have the belt in the belt guides, so how did that affect the crotch buckle since that part of the cover is all attached? I want to install like you did in my van, but it seemed like the lap portion of the belt got in the way of the buckle and putting the cover back in place. Am I making sense? OP - sorry for hijacking!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Thanks for the pics! How is that belt locked?

CCO locking clip.

Judi - I can see that you don't have the belt in the belt guides, so how did that affect the crotch buckle since that part of the cover is all attached? I want to install like you did in my van, but it seemed like the lap portion of the belt got in the way of the buckle and putting the cover back in place. Am I making sense? OP - sorry for hijacking!

Didn't seem to have a problem. Still outside to actual belt path which just bugs me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC