Vent I hate locking retractors

Keeanh

After 5 years of using locking latchplates, I'm once again installing in a vehicle with locking retractors. Now I remember why I hated them. And I can see why people love lockoffs. A pox on tipping seats! :hitselfonhead: Time to break out the locking clips :whistle:.

Last edited:
ADS

APmama2MAK

I MUCH prefer locking retractors, I have locking latchplates in my truck outboard rear seat and front center seat, they drive me nuts. They are also in a few of my friends cars, I just cant stand them lol. Im glad there are different kinds for everyones differing preferences.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, guys, check out her siggy. She's got a SR22. Really, can you blame her for not loving a locking retractor with that thing? :p

jaded

Agreed! I love the locking retractors for forward facing, but for rearfacing..good thing I'm quick with a locking clip.

babyherder

I prefer my volvo seatbelts that have a carseat mode. Yep. Just switch the button on the seatbelt and the lap belt locks. I can still pull the shoulder belt to tighten but it won't get any looser. :love:

wavegal

I prefer my volvo seatbelts that have a carseat mode. Yep. Just switch the button on the seatbelt and the lap belt locks. I can still pull the shoulder belt to tighten but it won't get any looser. :love:

That's a great feature!! wish I had known that before I ruled out the XC90 (I think) when I was car shopping!!

babyherder

That's a great feature!! wish I had known that before I ruled out the XC90 (I think) when I was car shopping!!

Well it better be awesome to make up for lack of top tethers (so no ff harnessed seats for me at the moment) and the non-adjustable head rests that interfere with almost all highback boosters.

Keeanh

Hey, guys, check out her siggy. She's got a SR22. Really, can you blame her for not loving a locking retractor with that thing? :p

Haha, yeah, that was the worst offender :p. I have never used an infant seat base in my life. I gave it a try, it tipped sideways, and I went back to a base-less install. There are 2 UAS locations in that van, as well as a lap belt if I REALLY want to use that base, just for fun, LOL. The other offender was the MR65. Normally it would have been fine. I think the MR has a great belt path. But I was trying to get the seat right to the very edge of the bench, plus the tether is angled towards the centre so it all combined to angle the seat.

Okay, so, maybe I don't HATE them. We just weren't getting along that day :p.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I did an MR yesterday and the van had locking latchplates and it was EASY, so I totally hear you on that!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC