Safe Seat in Bermuda. Is this masculine?

abckidsmom

I went out and bought my new ss1 yesterday. When I got it home, dh said, "THAT'S for a BOY???"

What do you think? It's turquoise and brown plaid/argyle-ish.

B000CRQWJE.01.PT04._SS400

Here's the link to the travel system on Amazon.

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
If we have a boy he'll be riding in Chicco's Blackberry---which is more like eggplant in real person. Not only will he have to use the carseat---the stroller is in Blackberry too.

Susan

MySillyKids

I went out and bought my new ss1 yesterday. When I got it home, dh said, "THAT'S for a BOY???"

If its not pink, then its gender nutrual. I like it, i hate that stroller, but i like the print!

abckidsmom

If its not pink, then its gender nutrual. I like it, i hate that stroller, but i like the print!

I believe I'm one of the 6 people on here that likes that stroller. We used our last one right into the dust over 4.5 years of using it at parks, zoos, malls, with really large kids and lots of junk stashed in it.

We're excited about the new one.

What don't you like about it? I love the big basket and the large wheels, dh and I always end up kicking the wheels of every other stroller we've ever tried except a Graco.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
do people REALLY care about what the COLOR your fricken carseat is?

And if so, are these 13 year old boys?

Bah. I REALLY hate gender role stereotyping.

Off to put dd's BOY underwear on her (because she loves Diego, and they only make Diego print underwear in boys. GAH!)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It looks boy to me. And I like the stroller, I have the first years model in my entryway, for when I babysit.

MySillyKids

I believe I'm one of the 6 people on here that likes that stroller. We used our last one right into the dust over 4.5 years of using it at parks, zoos, malls, with really large kids and lots of junk stashed in it.

We're excited about the new one.

What don't you like about it? I love the big basket and the large wheels, dh and I always end up kicking the wheels of every other stroller we've ever tried except a Graco.

Its just TOOO heavy. I wish i could find a happy medium. The umbrella strollers are too fragile, and this beast is too big. We have a Joovy Caboose too. I use the Joovy most of the time. If the stroller wasnt so HEAVY it would be a cool stroller.

southpawboston

yes, some people do (myself included), provided there is some choice in this world. if there were no choice and there was only one color to choose from, then it would not be an issue. plus if you check ebay and other sources for carseat covers, you'll find that certain "rare" and sought after patterns command a premium price..

Last edited:

Simplysomething

And if so, are these 13 year old boys?

Bah. I REALLY hate gender role stereotyping.

Off to put dd's BOY underwear on her (because she loves Diego, and they only make Diego print underwear in boys. GAH!)

In society it is more acceptable for girls to wear "boy" clothing than it is for boys to wear "girl" clothing. Nobody is going to bat an eyelash at a little girl in diego clothing. Someone might--at a little boy in Dora clothing, now that they've decided that everything Dora has to be pink and purple. So, I'd see your point, if you were talking about a boy.

That said--the stroller looks pretty danged neutral to me.

(Today, my two year old is wearing a grey tee-shirt, blue-jean overalls and sandals. Someone told me he was a very pretty little girl. His outfit was didn't scream little boy or little girl. I'm thinking it was his scraggly blonde hair that did it. lol)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In society it is more acceptable for girls to wear "boy" clothing than it is for boys to wear "girl" clothing. Nobody is going to bat an eyelash at a little girl in diego clothing. Someone might--at a little boy in Dora clothing, now that they've decided that everything Dora has to be pink and purple. So, I'd see your point, if you were talking about a boy.

That said--the stroller looks pretty danged neutral to me.

(Today, my two year old is wearing a grey tee-shirt, blue-jean overalls and sandals. Someone told me he was a very pretty little girl. His outfit was didn't scream little boy or little girl. I'm thinking it was his scraggly blonde hair that did it. lol)

It's the hair....no matter what a kid is wearing, if they have girl hair or boy hair, that's what people think they are. Leah's always wearing girl colors, totally... but the poor bald thing is *always* called a boy, or if a girl, it's like this big question... it IS a girl, right? in the purple outfit with flowery shoes?

LOL :)

southpawboston

It's the hair....no matter what a kid is wearing, if they have girl hair or boy hair, that's what people think they are. Leah's always wearing girl colors, totally... but the poor bald thing is *always* called a boy, or if a girl, it's like this big question... it IS a girl, right? in the purple outfit with flowery shoes?

LOL :)

especially when they are still infants/toddlers and their facial features have not acquired more gender-specific features. both of our daughters had very little hair for at least the first year... everyone said "cute boy!!!", even if she was dressed in a pink tutu!! :rolleyes: our DD1 still has very short boyish hair but people tend to recognize her more as a girl.

Jewels

Senior Community Member

I like it a lot and would use it for a boy or a girl :D

Splash

My son had long hair and everyone thinks he is a girl. I never correct them, because he might be a girl. He'll decide that on his own when the time is right. Until now, I just let it pass.
He has his pictures done this morning with his friend Alice. He wanted to wear Alice's dress. So I have a picture of Alice in her jeans and Charlie in a dress. And a picture of charlie in a dress... on a harley.

Mumoflittleguys

If we have a boy he'll be riding in Chicco's Blackberry---which is more like eggplant in real person. Not only will he have to use the carseat---the stroller is in Blackberry too.

Susan

I am expecting another boy in a few weeks, and he'll also be riding in a Blackberry Keyfit. DH insists it's a "manly" purple.;)

That print looks gender neutral to me.

emandbri

I'd say gender nutrual. My dd is in a legacy safe seat and my aunt couldn't believe that I bought a blue plaid seat for a girl but I totally love plaid and didn't want to get a snugride just to get a girly print and I'm not really into pink! I'm glad I did it since she is 8 months and had plenty of room in the safe seat and I still like to bring it into the house if she is asleep.

Morganthe

Definitely gender neutral -- It's plaid & without any pink in it at all :p

Purple has only recently in history become a 'female' color. Napoleon, the Caesars, & virtually all royal male European rulers wore purple at some time or another since the dye was traditionally expensive and hard to come by. In Germany, I'd see boys wearing purple snowsuits and no one thought anything of it.
In fact, when pink started appearing it was considered a male color since it was off of the Red which was also masculine tone. I'm not sure when the switch happened, but it eventually turned into the epitome of girly color.

Lately it seems that all boys are allowed these days in American society are Khaki, Red, & dark colors, not even yellow that much. How dull. :( In a group, it's really difficult to tell one apart from another with short haircuts & standardized boy clothes.

My dd loves all sorts of colors and occasionally dresses up duds like olive green corduroy overalls with a pink or yellow shirt. She'd hate it if she could only wear a few colors. I believe that boys should also wear bright happy colors if they want. Unfortunately, they don't really get that chance since they want to copy daddy who probably wears dark colors, Red, Or Khaki :whistle:
Jmho & ducking for cover :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC