Has anyone seen this on the skjp website?

ADS

ntrenary

I guess they took it down. It says there are no recalls at this time, when I click on the link.
What was wrong with the labels? Or are they sending them out to apply to the side wings to keep them together?;)

featherhead

I guess they took it down. It says there are no recalls at this time, when I click on the link.
What was wrong with the labels? Or are they sending them out to apply to the side wings to keep them together?;)

It's for Canada. You have to switch to Canada and then you will see it.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
http://www.skjp.com/recall_info.php
talks about the monterey labels & they will send new ones.

That is actually an older recall. The first 2 months production of the Canadian Monterey's had that issue. Unfortunately it's unrelated to the peeling stickers.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safedrivers-childsafety-notices-2008p05-menu-323.htm
Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products and Transport Canada wish to inform the public of two non-compliance conditions, pursuant to the Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Cushion Safety Regulations (RSSR) with respect to the Monterey booster cushion, Model C15000.

The first non-compliance condition relates to the English language warning label that states the weight and height use specifications in Imperial units followed by the International System of Units (ISU (metric)) in parentheses. This label should read the ISU units first with the Imperial units following in brackets. The weight and height specification ranges are not in question. The French language label is not affected.
The second non-compliance condition is the omission of the Date of Manufacture information which is required to be indelibly moulded into or onto every booster cushion, or indelibly printed on a label affixed to it in a permanent manner, in both official languages.

kristy121

I'm just suprised if they had the problem with labels in the past why are they having such a difficult time sending them out now, and why dont they issue a notice on it saying they will just send out labels? I know it would cost alot for them, but it would be much less then replacing all these seats wouldnt it?

Not to mention I think it will get to the point where some dishonest people might intentionally take off the stickers to get a new seat!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm just suprised if they had the problem with labels in the past why are they having such a difficult time sending them out now, and why dont they issue a notice on it saying they will just send out labels? I know it would cost alot for them, but it would be much less then replacing all these seats wouldnt it?

Not to mention I think it will get to the point where some dishonest people might intentionally take off the stickers to get a new seat!

The difference is that those particular seats left the factory without the stickers on them. It was a mass number of seats with a universal problem and SK could've been in big trouble for importing a seat that didn't meet CMVSS standards - so they easily cooperated.

The current label issue is trickier because last I heard they don't know exactly why some of the stickers are coming up, and I'm not sure if they have a consistent fix to the glue problem. I'm sure that something will come at some point, but at this point it is a broad enough problem with enough vagueness, that a specific action would be difficult. Who knows though... maybe it's being made more difficult than it actually is. I know Britax can reprint a DOM sticker and send it out - I think other manufacturers are just worried about their stickers being in the mail and not knowing how they get applied etc. etc. *shrug*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC