I know why people choose the Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe over the TB now

glockchick

I went to Target today to see if just maybe they had a "girl's rock" turbo laying around (they didn't), and of course while I was there I had to check out the other seats. They EF Big Kid Deluxe was right next to the turbo and if I hadn't read what I have on here, I'd have chosen it first any day.

It's so much softer and squisher. The TB just seemed like a layer of fabric over hard plastic. The armrests flip up for easy buckling. It has nifty little lights on the headrest. The only thing that might have made me think twice is the lack of depth of the head wings, but the wings have EPS foam and super soft squishyness that reminded me of the air pillows in the CA.

After all that, and even knowing that the belt doesn't always fit well in it, I still had to talk myself out of bringing it home.

They had a Momentum 65 in the clearance section for $50. I think it was probably an online return. If that thing rear faced to 40 lbs instead of 35, it would have been mine.

Kaleigh wants so badly to "see the cars out the back". I'm tempted to get her one of the new Britax seats for the 3 pounds it will buy her. Yes, I'm partial to Britax, or rather my truck is. I have never had any trouble with Britax seats in it and pretty much everything else I've tried has been a PITA to install, and I've had a lot of seats in the 6 1/2 years I've had the truck. :whistle:

ADS

christineka

The Momentum does rear face to 40 pounds. :)

Quick! Run back and buy it! (You can always resell it if you don't want it.)

A car with two, pink (smoked on) evenflo boosters in it parked next to me and left the windows down. I looked, but I couldn't figure out where the head piece would go up. It does doesn't it? The side impact wings were barely anything. They must have been the cheap version of the seat- not sure what it's called. The $30 version.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The head piece goes up. Instead of adjusting from a button on the top of the headrest, it is on the back of the headrest.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My son much prefers his BK Deluxe over his Turbo. It has way more padding and is more comfortable.

I would never recommend the cheap version but the deluxe....I like it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had a 4 yr and 8 yr old come to the last seat check in BKs. Lap belt fit on the 4 yr old was pretty bad. Not too bad on the 8 yr old. The seats were expired, so we put TBs in the car. Lap fit was amazingly better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC