Question 1st time mom-finding it hard to decide, help?

U

Unregistered

hello there,
i am a first time mom to a 4 month old -16 pounds. we are looking to get a new car seat.
i drive a 4 door sunfire for now. where i live not very many people rear face after a year, but i plan to. these are the seats we are thinking about. please give me your feedback and opinions. thanks alot

evenflo-symphony65 30/65 (canada)
evenflo-triumph 65 30/100 (canada)
britax-marathon or boulevard - 40-65 (canada)
graco-my ride 40-65 (canada)

some have features i like and others rear face longer, some are wider... i cant seem to make up my mind. i have fit both evenflos in my car and will be tight with any one on either side in the back seat

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
hello there,
i am a first time mom to a 4 month old -16 pounds. we are looking to get a new car seat.
i drive a 4 door sunfire for now. where i live not very many people rear face after a year, but i plan to. these are the seats we are thinking about. please give me your feedback and opinions. thanks alot

evenflo-symphony65 30/65 (canada)
evenflo-triumph 65 30/100 (canada)
britax-marathon or boulevard - 40-65 (canada)
graco-my ride 40-65 (canada)

some have features i like and others rear face longer, some are wider... i cant seem to make up my mind. i have fit both evenflos in my car and will be tight with any one on either side in the back seat

The triumph 65 goes to 65lbs ff'ing. There are still some of the old Triumphs available with a 47lb limit, so you'd want to double check which one you're getting.

Have you tried your child in the seats to see what the fit is like and how you find adjusting the harness?

ngaudry

we have both available where i live i would be going with the Oh! triumph 65. i want him in the middle back, plan on having another when he is 2.5 so will stay there till then.

ngaudry

i also have tryed the evenflos in my car are a bit bulky but would work im wondering if i should go for a britax being i want to rear face longer or my ride? but my ride looks bulky?

Keeanh

i also have tryed the evenflos in my car are a bit bulky but would work im wondering if i should go for a britax being i want to rear face longer or my ride? but my ride looks bulky?

MyRide is a beast in some ways. It sits up high and away from the seat because of its big base. It's also unnecessarily wide because of the built-in cupholders. BUT it has a narrow base that allows even adults to sit next to it since the "seat" part sits up above the adult's legs. I'm also counting on its ability to puzzle with low-profile seats like the Radian (I don't have a Radian yet, so haven't been able to try it out myself). It's a very easy install too.

Are you ONLY looking at those 4, or are you open to other options?

The Complete Air is narrow & has a 40lb RF limit. It's MUCH taller than the MyRide, if your little one is on the tall side. The Radian is narrow & RF's to 40 - 45lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC