Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Recaro Vivo or Recaro Pro Sport?

Hi. This is my first time posting on this group and I have a question, hopefully this is the right place.

I was reading around online and was looking for a booster for my 7 1/2 year old. My son is 56 inches and 67 pounds.
    He outgrew the back of the Graco High back booster. So for right now he is in a backless booster and he loves to sleep so I need something with a high back.
    I saw the recaro seats and they look nice. I am leaning towards the Recaro Pro Sport for him as it looks like it goes taller and goes to 120 pounds.

I am hoping this seat would be good for him to sleep in?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Recaro Vivo or Recaro Pro Sport?

Of those two I'd go for the ProSport. It's taller, like you said, and it offers a lot more leg support than the Vivo.

I'd also look at the Sunshine Kids Monterey and Britax Parkway SG, and maybe the Clek Oobr.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Yep, of those two, probooster.

Thank you! How tall does the Pro-booster go does it go taller than the Parkway SG?

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

No, the SG is taller at 21.5". The ProBooster is 20.75".

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Thank you Wendy! He tried out my friends Parkway, but not the one with the clip and he was at the red slots were touching his shoulders at the highest setting. Is the new parkway shorter or taller than the old one?
    So sorry for all these questions.

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
    Thank you Wendy! He tried out my friends Parkway, but not the one with the clip and he was at the red slots were touching his shoulders at the highest setting. Is the new parkway shorter or taller than the old one?
    So sorry for all these questions.
    You might find some answers about measurements here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...VE&hl=en#gid=0
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

CreegerCrewof7

Just wanted to throw this in for you . . .
    We purchased the Probooster a few months ago and ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT!!! Comfort wise- it is very comfortable for my son- lots of padding, but best of all, the seatbelt fit (for him, anyway) is PERFECT (He is med height and thin).
    Totally awesome seat- and we tried many boosters!