RN in an Elantra

gsdguenter

I searched here and found people had good luck installing RNs in Elantras, so that was one of the things that led me to that car.

I just bought a 2010 Elantra (my first new car ever :D) and can't for the life of me install the RN in it!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any tips? I am VERY annoyed right now.

When I get it tight it is waaaay over reclined and the front seat is in the dash. When I get it more upright it has tons of movement in the belt path.

I gave up for now and DD1 is rfing in the MR65 while DD2 is rfing in a MA. Ideally though I want DD1 rfing in the RN cause she only has about 2 inches of growing room in the MR and I am determined to get her to 4 rfing.

Thanks!

by the way, I only tried outboard with LATCH and center with seatbelt. perhaps I should try outboard seatbelt.

ADS

Dillipop

I also suggest outboard with seatbelt. I was unable to install my radian in my 05 elantra rfing with latch. It was years ago and I may not have tried as hard as I could have, but I definitely got an acceptable install with seatbelt.

FFing with latch is a breeze, btw.

gsdguenter

thanks for the replies, I'll try outboard with seatbelt tonight and twist the stalks as well. I knew some smart people would know how to help :thumbsup:

Aurezalia

I'm not sure how different the seats are from the earlier generation (Mine is an 03) but if it's anything the same I found it easier to get it upright and tight it I pulled the boot back from the bight.

Aurezalia

SKJP does not allow the boot to be pulled back from the bight. It must be fully in the bight.

:confused: I'd love to see where you got that. It has been our standard recommendation for quite awhile to pull the seat back from the bight slightly to get a more upright install.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=32350

You can see it demonstrated by most of the experienced members who have a radian here as well.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=139460&highlight=radian+bight

Pixels

They mentioned it on their Facebook page in response to someone who said that the only way they could get a decently upright install. They stated that the boot must be used as stated in the manual.

Aurezalia

They mentioned it on their Facebook page in response to someone who said that the only way they could get a decently upright install. They stated that the boot must be used as stated in the manual.

I went out and checked my manual to see what it said because I did not recall anything stating that the boot must be in the seat bight. All it does say is: "Restraint bottom and base are both flat on the vehicle seat with front of restraint against the back of the vehicle seat." (Emphasis mine.)
The only thing I can think of is that the rep on FB pictured the seat being pulled away from the bight and no longer touching the back of the vehicle seat. When you tighten it down it IS firmly pressed against the back of the seat and has no chance of slippage. I think I'm going to email SKJP about this to figure it out.

gsdguenter

I've never encountered the weird bight thing, it's quite annoying. I was too lazy to try it again, but I will in the next few days. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC