WWYD??

Mommy2Marcus

Update in post #5!

I have a 2 1/2 year old EFTA. The red tabs on the harness are begining to break off. I am worried that this is a safety hazzard & that the seat is no longer safe to use. Should I call them & ask them? I am just really not sure I feel comfortable using it with those red tabs breaking like they are. One has a peice that is broke off of it & the other is cracked in a few spots.

I was hoping to get at least another year out of it, but it is not looking like I will. Sigh. I guess if it is unsafe to use, I will get a Meastro for DH's car. I just feel like a seat that has 3 1/2 years left on it should last that long, not tear up after 2 1/2 years of use, and this is not even daily use for the last year.

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy2Marcus

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110635&highlight=EFTA+tabs

Here's a thread I started earlier this year after calling Evenflo about this same thing. According to them, it is safe to use. The tabs in no way effect the function of the harness and are just stitched on. But, if you do feel like calling and get a different answer, let me know.

See, where your's are just coming off of the actual harness portion, mine are actually breaking apart. Like their are pieces of my red tabs that have fallen off. Then the other side is cracked in a couple of different spots.

I think I am going to give them a call right quick.

andre149

I would still call... see if they give you the same answer, just to verify, but I'm a little uptight like that :)

ETA: looks like I was too slow lol

Mommy2Marcus

Update: I just got off the phone with Evenflo. They are sending me a new seat. I even got to pick which seat I wanted! I got an Meastro instead. Since my seat was out of warranty I paid $25 shipping. She told me since I have an extra seat to not use the EFTA again. She said she had never heard of this. She wanted to get the seat back to make sure it was not a safety hazzard & to see if they needed to make a recall for this. I am VERY VERY pleased with their customer service.

I also want to add that I called this number: 1-800-233-5921
I spoke with a lady named Ronnie. She was VERY nice.

So, I should be recieving a Meastro in Silver within 1-2 weeks. They will then send Fed-Ex back to pick the other seat up with a shipping label. YAY!!!!! I can not wait to get my Meastro.

andre149

Glad to hear you got a good response! Does she have a supervisor you can call and report her good job? Enjoy your new seat!

Dillipop

See, where your's are just coming off of the actual harness portion, mine are actually breaking apart. Like their are pieces of my red tabs that have fallen off. Then the other side is cracked in a couple of different spots.

I think I am going to give them a call right quick.

Can you post pics of yours? I'm really not concerned about mine, but since they told you not to use yours, maybe I should call again and see what they say.

Mommy2Marcus

Glad to hear you got a good response! Does she have a supervisor you can call and report her good job? Enjoy your new seat!

I am not sure. I will try to get that done Monday. Thanks! I am looking forward to my new seat.

Can you post pics of yours? I'm really not concerned about mine, but since they told you not to use yours, maybe I should call again and see what they say.

She said she did not think it was really a huge safety hazzard either. However since she had never heard of it & mine are completely cracking & wanting to break off, she wanted to get it back to make sure it was not something that compromised the harness. She also said that with them breaking like they are that she is worried that they could scratch my son & cause sores on him sense they sit so close to the neck.

So she was very interested in getting the seat back to let it be looked at & tested. Gonna go take pictures real quick.

Mommy2Marcus

Here are the pictures of the red tabs on my EFTA.
007-16.jpg

006-16.jpg

005-18.jpg

004-19.jpg

And here is one of Marcus b/c he insisted I take his picture! (and he is cute!)
008-12.jpg

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would be worried about the broken ends of plastic cutting or scratching my child's neck...those don't look good at all.

Glad they were helpful!

Mommy2Marcus

I would be worried about the broken ends of plastic cutting or scratching my child's neck...those don't look good at all.

Glad they were helpful!

Yeah, this was my major worry. I was really afraid that they would scratch or cut him. I am also glad that they were helpful & that I did not get brushed off.

I would also be worried about the choking hazard that the small pieces could pose.

I would be for a smaller child, but Marcus does not put things in his mouth except for food. So I was really not worried about him chocking on anything.

Mommy2Marcus

Bumping for Dillipop to make sure she sees the pictures since I posted them for her. I also can not wait for my Meastro to arrive! I really liked the looks of it from seeing it at Target.

Dillipop

Thanks for the pics. Mine isn't cracked like yours and I think I'm still comfortable using it. (Although, right now it doesn't fit in any of our cars.) I will keep an eye on them, though, to see if they break off any more than in the one spot.

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for the pics. Mine isn't cracked like yours and I think I'm still comfortable using it. (Although, right now it doesn't fit in any of our cars.) I will keep an eye on them, though, to see if they break off any more than in the one spot.

You're very welcome! I am going to miss mine. I really really loved that seat from day 1!

Marcus is a beautiful child! :)

Glad that Evenflo is taking care of you. :)

Thanks! I think he is to. He really had stunning eyes to, I think. :love: I can not wait to get my Meastro!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC