Do you leave notes on cars?

Polola0628

Anyone?

I see tons of parked cars with FFing infant seats (once I saw three parked on one block!!), expired/recalled seats (think shield boosters from when I was a kid, I'm 20), and all-around misuse.

I see about 3 or 4 seats on average in parked cars like this per city block. WWYD?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yes, but I'm a tech. I leave a business card with a note on it. I've never had a response. Maybe you could leave a schedule of local checks and a quite note about reading their manual?

Wendy

andre149

I don't, personally... because I'm not a tech. I like Wendy's idea of leaving a card. I wouldn't leave a personal note, but maybe get some brochures from safe kids or something if you want to leave something?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't. I'm not sure if it's different from a cardiologist telling random smokers they shouldn't smoke, or a dentist telling me not to let my kid have a lollipop... it seems kind of intrusive, to me (maybe if I read lots of "I left a note, and people were THRILLED that I cared", I might have a different opinion, but I've heard too many stories that had negative outcomes).

NebraskaMom

I don't either, though I've considered it. I know how sensitive people are about parenting skills (or lack thereof) and I'm not sure it's my place to say anything.

I carry my cards though, and I've been very tempted to hand them out at my kids' school!

emandbri

I used to. I had different notes for different situations.

Last year I started leaving the AAP rear-facing until 2 along with the local number to call to get a seat checked. I stopped because I honestly believe kids are safer not going to a local check unless they are lucky enough to get Munchkin.

Polola0628

I used to. I had different notes for different situations.

Last year I started leaving the AAP rear-facing until 2 along with the local number to call to get a seat checked. I stopped because I honestly believe kids are safer not going to a local check unless they are lucky enough to get Munchkin.

I agree in some cases, but not in the case that they're in a FFing infant bucket seat or a shield booster from 1990! :(

I just feel bad for some kids.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
For those situations, I leave a USAA booklet (open to the relevant page, sometimes.) I staple my card to the front, I've never got a call, but at least I left the booklet.

L

LuciaBella

I've left numerous notes and I've only gotten ONE guy to email me! Better than nothing.

As of now, I really only leave notes for noticeable things like no top tether or twisted straps or a mighty tite. Something so obvious that if you walk by you could see. Of course there are times that I snoop...and see latch connectors upside down but then if I left a note people would think I'm a crazy stalker.

DabOfLoven

I did once. It was an infant seat installed in the front seat of a new Tahoe. I umm... wasn't very nice.. to the point, not rude, but not nice either. There are TOO many signs stating a RF carseat isn't supposed to be installed in front of airbags. I saw them when they got out, she took a baby out of the seat. I was busy with my 2 and couldn't talk to her about it. Baby was all of about 6 months maybe.

glockchick

Nope. As much as I'd love to save the world one child at a time, I just can't. The times I've brought it up, people have been less than receptive usually citing my dr, police officer, husband's cousin's friend's step-brother's dog told me it was fine. :rolleyes:

HEVY

I actually did this yesterday, uhm Wed.
The car next to me had the seat tethered and no seatbelt. I noticed because the seatbelt looked to be in a funny position. So I just left a note saying something like "I'm not sure if you are aware that your carseat isn't buckled in". Rachel was like "You can't do that, you can't leave notes on people's cars, it's illegal and rude" :shrug-shoulders:

mommyfrog

I left one the other day when I saw a mom and her 4 kids get out of a van. The seat I could see was a ff only harnessed seat, maybe Graco Cargo or something, moved about 6 inches when the kid climbed out of it. After she went in I wrote a note on the back of a 1-800-bucklup card. I just said it's child passenger safety week and she should go to safekids.org to find a check up event near her. The baby was in a pretty old looking infant seat and the other two boys were in the back seat so I'm not sure what they were in.

vrclay

I've often thought of printing up quarter page hand bills with the local police station car-seat inspection appointment phone number...still haven't done it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC