Anyone tried the Boba classic carrier?

Angela

Just like the title says. My DH will be getting it to review for Amazon and I was just curious what everyone here thought about it.

ADS

sherry7

Did your DH get it through Vine? So did I, and it should be delivered later this week. I love Vine! :D

From everything I've read so far, it is for babies 15 lbs and up. It is very similar to an Ergo, except the back is a bit higher, which makes it good for toddlers that try to lean back while you're carrying them.

Angela

Did your DH get it through Vine? So did I, and it should be delivered later this week. I love Vine! :D

From everything I've read so far, it is for babies 15 lbs and up. It is very similar to an Ergo, except the back is a bit higher, which makes it good for toddlers that try to lean back while you're carrying them.

Yep! I love Vine too! I researched it like crazy and found the same thing. I will have a few daycare kiddos in the next week or so that I can try it out on. :thumbsup: Let me know what you think about yours.

sherry7

Yep! I love Vine too! I researched it like crazy and found the same thing. I will have a few daycare kiddos in the next week or so that I can try it out on. :thumbsup: Let me know what you think about yours.

Will do! :) I was excited to get something from Vine that I actually wanted. Not that free stuff isn't nice, but it's even better when you have a good use for it.

A couple of months ago, there was a Britax car seat and an expensive Britax stroller. I wish I would have been fast enough to get one of those.

Angela

Will do! :) I was excited to get something from Vine that I actually wanted. Not that free stuff isn't nice, but it's even better when you have a good use for it.

A couple of months ago, there was a Britax car seat and an expensive Britax stroller. I wish I would have been fast enough to get one of those.

My DH didn't see the first Britax they offered on there until he had already decided on what he wanted, so I got on him about looking for those 1st. :) We've seen a couple of other ones on there too, but he's just not fast enough.

I'm excited for this one too. :)

brookity

I have one that I use with my 4 year old. She would never let me wear her before she turned three so I can't compare it to other carriers. Now that she no longer walks she would rather be carried than ride in a stroller. Anyway, I am short and very fluffy and it fits me very well. It is very supportive for me and has a nice tall back so she feels supported as well. I only paid $60 from ebabycarriers and would recommend it to anyone that needs a budget carrier for an older kid. :twocents:

sherry7

Just like the title says. My DH will be getting it to review for Amazon and I was just curious what everyone here thought about it.

So....what did you think about your Boba?

I still need to write my review for Amazon, but I think it's almost exactly like my Ergo carrier. The only difference that I can tell is that the back is maybe a couple of inches higher. That's nice if you're worried about an older baby leaning back and possibly falling out. Oh, and it has those detachable foot strap things for older toddlers.

My only real complaint is the plain colors they come in. However, my DH prefers it over the Ergo we have because of the plain color. (I have the blue embroidered Ergo and he's not a fan of the big pink flowers, LOL.)

Angela

I haven't actually had a chance to try it out yet. I'll be watching a couple of 2 year olds this week and next, so I'm hoping to try it out then. I actually put my DS in it when I got it. He hung on to my neck extra tight so he didn't put his full weight in it (60 lbs) and it was just like carrying him piggy back except I didn't have to hold him up. He complained the legs were too tight, but he of course was too big for it anyway. :) Neither of the girls I'll be watching were/are carried in carriers so we'll see how that goes. It would be nice if one of them liked it so I wouldn't have to borrow a double stroller from a friend. I don't have any other carriers to compare it to besides a baby bjorn, which really isn't much of a comparison, since they're totally different.
I'm glad you like it and think it's similar to an Ergo. I've always wanted to get an Ergo, but they're just so expense and I don't 'need' it. We're planning on having #2 (hopefully soon) that I'd use it for, but who knows when that will happen. So I've just been waiting patiently to get a carrier of some sort. This looks like it should work well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC