Real crash with unrestrained driver.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
A very good example of why EVERYONE needs to buckle at all times! He probably weighs more than 150# & crashed at more than 30MPH, so a low estimate of the force of his body upon the back seat is approximately 4,500# :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2xkMTH4fKKc

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

We have talked about this video before...hmmmm... having a hard time finding the previous thread though :scratcheshead:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've seen this video before too... looking at it, I think there was likely more than one impact. He has some slight jerking like there was a small impact, followed by the huge flying around the car thing. The 1st one looks like it was side impact or else front corner on an angle.

Would be interesting to have details about it.. the guys injuries and stuff. Might sound kind of morbid, but I just have to wonder what damage is done to a person when they get thrown around like that.

tl01

I showed this to DH and he thinks it's fake. I"ve warned him about this sort of think b4... and about strollers not being stored properly. He always wears his seatbelt but won't force other to who are in the car with us.:mad:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This was shown at our tech class. The guy stole the car. It ended up on the passenger side, on the guys head. He died.

Last edited:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
This was shon at our tech class. The guy stole the car. It ended up on the passenger side, on the guys head. He died.

Hmmm... I posted about this video before. And in one version, you can hear him saying "sh*t" at the end. I researched it and read that he was filming himself pretending to fall asleep and either really did fall asleep or just pretended too long and the car got out of control somehow (ran off the road? hit an obstruction?) Seems to me like the car rolled...?

In your class, I'd be curious about where they got their info. They could be right... The guy in the video definitely isn't around commenting about it (I've tried to find that!).

JaRylan

That is terrible what happened to him, wonder how he would have faired if he had chosen to wear a seatbelt? At least he didn't have any passengers.

RubysGirl

There are other very graphic videos at youtube, some comercials, some real from outside showing people ejected.

There's an amazing one where this guy was speeding, very, very fast, in and out of traffic, he eventually went off the road and was ejected, and was fine, like he got up, and the police arrested him right there sort of fine.

RubysGirl

Didn't find it, but I found this. Car pulls out and causes bus to crash, keeps on going, idiot. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rf73Yx7K-A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rf73Yx7K-A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RubysGirl

Found it.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH_N8IVRNq8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH_N8IVRNq8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ha ha!! That was awesome! Sorry, I guess it is the firefighter in me. Anyway, I will ask my teacher where she got the video. This was about two and a half years ago.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Not on the subject of the video, but my friend saw an accident last fall where a guy was speeding, hit a light pole & she SAW him go through the windshield. He died on the scene. :(

Needless to say that made quite an impact on my friend having seen a human projectile...

The different stories about the video would make me question if it was real if it wasn't for me thinking that there's no way an amateur could rig something like that - it just LOOKS too real to be faked.

wondering1

First off, I hate seeing people die. From the three stories (stolen car, making video, fake)...the one about making a video about someone falling asleep while driving makes the most sense. Why would someone stealing a car hook up a camera?

The passenger seat is clearly vibrating a great deal while he is freaking out. It looks like he went off the road, got back on and then still had more problems. Probably over corrected. The car clearly lands on the passenger side. His head clearly goes out the window - maybe his hair got caught and pulled it out? His head goes from inside the car to outside very quickly. Ugh!

broken4u05

It looked like more than one hit. but he might of just hit something else. I hate to say it but i like seeing accidents of people when they are really doing something stupid. Like the one the stole the car. i do not like it when it is a family and something could of been helped though but come on that guy was going 160 i think it said what does he think is going to happen

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It was a decoy car. The ones that cops put out to catch a car thief. They have cameras.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC